[App][Pro] Widgey - Widgets for your Dashboards

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 20-30-05 Widgey App for Homey Homey

Elevate your Homey experience with Widgey, the ultimate widget companion for your Homey Dashboards.

Starting with one of the most requested features for Dashboards, a clock widget. Widgey adds both functionality and style to your smart home dashboard.
Stay tuned as we roll out more exciting widgets to make your dashboard uniquely yours!

Currently Widgey offers the following widgets:

• Analog Clock ¹
  • Sticky Note

Request widgets
The aim of Widgey is to provide a wide range of widgets for your dashboards that aren’t specifically tied to any particular smart home device or service. So, if you’re missing a widget for your dashboard, please let me know in this thread!

Get it now in the Homey App store!

¹ Looking for more clocks? Checkout the fantastic Clocks App for Homey by @Emile and @basvanderploeg

6 Likes

Great job.
My top two wishes for widgets would be thermostat, and lights.

1 Like

I second this

How can I add this cock widget to my homey mobile app home screen? I can‘t find a widgey devices. Thanks for your help.

Personally, I could see Homey releasing their own thermostat widget, as it’s a key device type and the dashboard functionality is still in beta.

What would you expect from a lights widget that differs from the current devices widget?

Widgey doesn’t add any devices to your Homey, instead it provides widgets for the new Dashboards feature that’s currently in beta.

See the Homey Dashboards beta mega thread for more info:

Couple of ideas I would like to see for widgets:

• Weather forecast (multiple locations support)
  • Weather map
  • RSS reader (I personally use Feedly)
  • Battery level of devices
  • Stock Market
  • Photos from Cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Photos, iCloud)

There are many more things I want to see on my Dashboard but they are products related.

2 Likes

You’re probably right, athom probably will make those widgets eventually. But more to chose from in terms of design and functionality would be great.
I would expect in the least to be able to both dim and turn on/off without having to long press and enter the device first. I personally don’t have any rgb lights but I would imagine that those who do would like a color selector.
For me at least. I guess the goal of the light widget would be to actually be more or equally user friendly than the physical light switch on my wall.

I can imagine you’d like a less gigantic widget than the default ones :crazy_face:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing a note widget, like a “post-it” type. Its something I really need for my memory in my daily life.

1 Like

Yes exactly, just the battery level and device icons without their names would be better

1 Like
  1. a widget to open another dashboard
  2. A widget button to start a flow (which looks like a device)
  3. A widget to open a roller curtain (std homey you need to open the device and do it) just like a light
  4. a widget with slider to dim lights
3 Likes

These are already possible; check out @Adrian_Rockall’s awesome app:

Thought it would be nice if this was already included in Homey itself…

Thanks for everyone for the suggestions!
I should have some time this weekend to cook something up, and add one or two more widgets.

3 Likes

I’ve just pushed a new test version of Widgey!

Version 1.1.0

• Added a ‘sticky note’ widget
  • Added translations for en, nl, da, de, es, fr, it, no, sv, pl, ru and ko

You can write on the sticky note directly from the dashboard itself, updating in real-time on other devices that have the same sticky note displayed. Sticky notes with the same name share the same content. You can disable the editing function from the settings if you want the content to be locked.

You can choose between three font sizes and four different coloured notes.

Thanks for the suggestion @OWA!

2 Likes

Pushed a small update to test.

Version 1.1.1

• Improved word wrapping for sticky note widget
  • Add translations for the default note text
2 Likes

I can’t believe you did it so fast, thank you so much!!! I depend enormously much on my smarthome in my daily life because of this brain injury I have and memory problems is something I suffer incredibly lot from, so I need constant reminders like sticky notes on smarthome screens around my home.

I just tried your sticky note and it works perfectly, I can’t even begin to explain how much this means to me but again thank you so much :rose:

2 Likes

I’m really glad to hear it’s working well for you. If you need any tweaks or updates, just let me know.

3 Likes

Awesome that you managed this so fast. I’m a little afraid to ask almost because the note is so good already. However…:sweat_smile:
Any chance of handwriting? With finger or a digital pen.

1 Like

Not sure how feasible it would be, but who knows. I might try spending an afternoon to see what I can come up with.

1 Like