Homey Dashboards — Public Beta Megathread

An Agenda app to link with Icall would be perfect!

2 Likes

@ewoudfr i see, you should change the text-size to the smallest in your ios setting in order to get 3 columns on this ipad, after this restart the homey app.

Just as a tip you can change the fontsize on a per app basis as well on ios

1 Like

@Harwin can you give some thought on these also please?
@Peter_Kawa I mean more to have these arrows as an example:

I don’t think this should be because of font size, why dont you just give me, the user the chance to set how many columns I want on a dashboard and also how much % of the total with each column shall take. then me as user can adapt it to whatever device I want to use it on? :slight_smile:

btw: also resizing buttons should be somehow possible…?

2 Likes

This works! Many thanks. Didn’t restart the app when I tried this myself earlier.

1 Like

Do you know another App that does that by any chance? I see a lot of comments asking for different size and more flexibility. to be honnest I would like the same type of flexibility but I can’t think of a good example

Would it be possible to select more speakers in the Speaker widget?
I would like to see all my speakers in one widget and control them separatly in stead of 1 widget for 1 speaker.

And would it be possible to customise the size of the widget?

would be great to be able to arrange these one under the other
{DA82E9DF-331E-4101-AE00-2D1A32AC1527}

With the latest (ios) App, the dashboard is correctly sorted

1 Like

That is possible. Just create one widget per device underneath each other and remove the title for nr 2 and 3

Is it possible to cast the dashboard to a monitor if it has Google chromecast? I know you can cast Homey Ink but what about this new Dashboard? I want to buy this new monitor to use in my hallway for this dashboard only if its possible.

When were able cast the dashboard, you would only be able to view it, not control it…
Is that what you are looking for?

1 Like

Oh no, I want to be able to control it as well, thought I could do that if the monitor is touchscreen?

In theory you can cast to a Google Hub for instance.
Only the dash has to be webbased.

But there’s another big downside: when a keyboard is involved, there’s a problem because there isn’t an onscreen version :man_shrugging:.
So when you have to login to the casted dash, it doesn’t work.
For example I cannot cast my.homey.app because of that.

I can cast homey.ink / homeydash.com, because it uses a long lasting token, which can be generated on a phone and is part of the casted URL.
I can also cast Home Assistant dashboards, because you can enable “trusted networks”, which omits the login procedure.

1 Like

Ahhh I see, thank you for explaining this to me, I can avoid making a mistake by buying that monitor now, everything is so expensive, I just thought it might be cheaper than buying a tablet. I’ll try and find another work around then. I have this small ipad I use in the meantime but it’s too small for me, cause I need something more visually noticeable, something bigger, my memory trouble is terrible and I need to see the sticky notes on the screen immediately so I don’t forget things, it’s not easy.

yes but the grid should just be flexible for me to place it where I want :wink:

possibility to really use spotify - like also search for a song or playlist and then play it on a speaker. shouldn’t this be possible without switching to spotify app?

1 Like

afaik there is no way to cast a (Android) App to a Chrome Cast device, and the Homey Dashboard is a Mobile App (Android or iOS)
(You probably can Screen mirror but that is something else)
So the short answer is just: NO.

1 Like

I think the best would be to be able to open Spotify or Sonos app for this on the dashboard.

There is a request for it here