Homey Dashboards — Public Beta Megathread

Great job on the dashboard! I’ve already installed it on the wall and have been testing it out. I have a few suggestions based on my personal experience. I understand that not all requests may align with everyone’s needs, but perhaps you can consider them for future updates:

• Full screen mode on Android: It would be great to hide the status bars and home buttons for a cleaner look and more space.
  • Tablet display control: It would be helpful to control the display’s on/off status, and possibly even the brightness directly from Homey.
  • Customizable columns: I currently have only two columns, and the widgets appear too large, even after reducing the font size. More flexibility here would be appreciated.
  • Hide titles and edit functions: An option to hide widget titles and the edit function would provide a cleaner interface.
  • Manually closeable push notifications: It would be nice if push notifications could be sent to a dashboard and dismissed manually.
  • Direct dimmer control: A dimmer widget that allows direct dimming without the need to click through would enhance usability.
  • Day-dependent widgets: The ability to display different widgets based on the time of day, or control this via flows, would add a lot of flexibility.
  • Interactive button for columns: A button that, when clicked, moves to the next column and back again when clicked in the new spot—purely to annoy my girlfriend.

Thanks for the great work, and I look forward to seeing where this dashboard goes next!

12 Likes

I have a Samsung Tab S4 hanging on the wall myself. This has a resolution of 2560x1600 and yet I can only fit 2 columns. This is very little. Would prefer this to be 4.

2 Likes

I like the development that’s going one and to have more apps that offering dashboard widgets, thanks to all making this possible.
I would like to have the option to disable the possibility to change variables when click on them in the dashboard view. For me this should even be the default setting.

2 Likes

Very happy with first release of Dashboards. Currently have iPad’s with HA only use as dashboard and to put lights on/off etc. Would be great if I can complete switch to Homey.

Two things I miss and not saw earlier here.

1. Nice to see for example a temperature but this could be (very) old. The temperature for example in my ‘Kantoor’ is last updated 4 months ago. I want to see that in a dashboard.

1. I want to show TAGS/Properties of a device. Not only self defined variables.
    Screenshot is from HA

5 Likes

When using web frame, all of the frame is not always filled to the edges

On my android phone there is a very thin white line i the corners. On my iPad there is a white vertical stripe to the right, as illustrated in the picture.

I would like to request support for iFrames. This would allow a lot more of web content to be shown.Like the clock fromTime & Date as, I tried to do here. And there would also be more parameters available to make it look greate.

@Cor_De_Rooij Happy to hear you enjoy dashboards!

For what reason would you like to disable the possibility to edit variables in a dashboard?

Hi @Harwin, is dashboard for the browser on the roadmap?

2 Likes

I use variables in some of my flows, and for those I don’t want a user to change that as he /she don’t know realize this.
For me changing variable in a dashboard makes only sense when this is used to start or influence a flow, but maybe I misunderstood the logic behind the option to change values in a dashboard at all.

3 Likes

Hi Homey guys! Great to finally see a Homey Dashboard being made! Just have a request, if not been answered before. When you add devices in a group and put them on the DB, and you want to remove any of them, is this possible or do you have to delete the whole group and re-add the devices again? This would be great if possible. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

second all of this - also @homey @Harwin would be cool to see some reactions to great input like this (there is a few on the forum) :wink:

You can already hide the title

1 Like

I agree. For wall mounted tablet especially…

Sorry, I ment the top title with the edit function. Didn’t find a way to do that

Hi @LRvdLinden, there is a topic on the forum where Emile gives information on this specific subject:

1 Like

Thank you. I had missed that one for a moment.

Hi @Ruud_Boon ,

Thank you for the great feedback!

Full screen mode on Android → it is on our radar.
Tablet display control → This is very complex to build, if it is even possible. There are some third-party apps I believe to control the display of tablet of which you could look into. But believe me, we want this too!
Customizable columns → I am curious about your screen resolution and the reason why you see only two columns. We made adjustments last week so this should be better.
Hide titles and edit functions → This would come together with a full screen modus.
Manually closeable push notifications → For what reason would you want to use this? Might be cool idea for a community app to accomplish this.
Direct dimmer control → Soon :crossed_fingers:
Day-dependent widgets → I think generally targeting a dashboard with flows would be really powerful. We will give it some thought.

Interactive button for columns to annoy your girlfriend → Sure:

ezgif-2-3a85468d00

Now I go back to work, got the Direct Dimmer Control to build :wink:

15 Likes

Regarding Android tablet display control:

Steps for turning on Dashboard/screen on an Android tablet after motion detection:

• install MacroDroid app on your Android tablet (one time paid app)
  • Create a Webhook (URL) macro turning on tablet screen; and do the same in a second macro for turing screen off
  • create a Homey advanced flow: when motion sensor becomes active (I use Aqara FP2 sensor because of the separate zones that can be defined), a Logic action starts to make a POST to the MacroDroid Webhook. In my example: after 30 seconds of inactive tablet zone, the screen should turn off.
  • depending on your tablet brand and Android version: experiment with some of the “Turn screen on/off” options.

MacroDroid can do a lot with your Android device if you authorize the app for that option (without jail break). These are the Screen options among a lot of other options (sorry for Dutch screen):

1 Like

Using a Galaxy tab S4 (2560 x 1600) I’m also only getting 2 Columns. Will be nice if you can choose yourself how many Columns you want.

1 Like

Interessant, maar hoe zet ik daarmee heel het dashboard uit? Als in, scherm van de tablet uitschakelen ('s nachts)?

Excuse, English translation:

Looks interesting, but how do I use this to turn off the dashboard? As in, turn off the screen of the tablet (at night)?

Please englisch

3 Likes