Homey Community App Store

@MaxvandeLaar
Is is possible to see all “apps” on HCS?

No, the current HCS db structure does not allow a list of all apps. It would simply take to much time to get a response on that API request. However, I do am working on a DB restructure so maybe in the future.

1 Like

Do I still need the Community Store Checker app also? or is this now integrated in the Homey Community Store app?

@Adrian_Rockall can you answer this?

The Community Store Checker app will check for updates in the Athom store, in both release and test. Currently the HCS check is broken since the latest HCS update.

The Community Store app only checks the Community Store for updates.

Thanks!

It would be nice if this kind of information finds a place in the app function description in the Homey community store. What does the app, What are the limits, what is broken and what is planned. :wink:

So the HCS already displays available updates for HCS apps (not official apps). When I updated the HCS website, I changed some api’s and moved some DB’s so the Store Checker can’t gather new data at this point. I am unsure if I can fix this in the short term.

Are there more community members having problems with the Community Store since v7 (at least I think it might have to do with it)?

• The Community Store Checker takes a very long time to check for updates (up to a minute or more), but does seem to work otherwise. Updating is working fine too.

- When I try to install a new app from the HCS (Home Assistant in my case) it says it will install, but nothing happens on my Homey. Not from within the Homey app by using the Update checker and not from Chrome browser. EDIT: Solved by re-installing the Homey Community Store Homey App from my pc.

I do have connection from the HCS, as I can see my profile pic, installed apps, etc.

I am on v7rc14 and Community Store Checker v0.0.10.

I have also problems.
After a long time without any App from the Community App Store I wanted to install the Nuki Direct App again. However, the app will not install. Not after few hours, not after few days.

Another point is, that the Homey Community App (v2.2.1) does not show any available app updates in the timeline. Also it’s not possible to switch from the screen „Auto Update“ to „General“ and back. If I tap the „Auto Update“ icon again the screen stays at „General“.

And of course, I’m logged in and the option according available app updates is activated.

Homey FW v7.0.0-rc.14

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I have not paid attention to?

I have been able to install again from the HCS after re-installing the Homey Community Store Homey App from my pc.
Update continues to be slow (but working).

I do get app update notifications in my timeline (last one was june 4th, 18:14).

This one I can reproduce. Same problem here.

1 Like

I will try to delete the HCS App and install it again. I just made a „refresh“ of the App.

Thx for the hint.

Edit
It worked, thx @Henk_Renting! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Glad that a reinstall fixed it. The HCS app did not receive an update in the mean time so I guess it was out of my control. The settings page issue I am aware of and is fixed in a next release.

2 Likes

In addition to my post above:
I was referring to Android there.

Now I notice on my iPad that when the Community Store Update Checker notices that there is an update and I click “view”, the Homey app every time crashes and shuts down.

On my Android phone, there is no problem.

But only on the Tado (test) update. When I click “view” at the KAKU (normal) update, all is fine and I get redirected to the Homey Appstore.

Could it be that the Checker has problems with the special sign in the url?
homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.tado/tado°/test/

Or with the referral to the /test page of the Appstore?
Tado and KAKU are the only two apps with updates at the moment for me, so cannot test others…

@Henk_Renting the community store checker is not directly related to the HCS :wink: @Adrian_Rockall can probably help you with that.

I have published a new version of the Community Store Update Checker (now rebranded as App Version Checker)
It should fix the issue with tado app.

5 Likes

Wow, you’re quick, @Adrian_Rockall!
Have downgraded my already updated Tado app and installed the new version of your App Version Checker (nice new logo too, btw).

When I check for updates, the Tado test app comes up again.
But unfortunately the Homey App crashes again when I click “view”. (Sorry…. :frowning: )
Only in the Homey iOS version, Android Homey app does not crash.
Did a fresh install of the Homey App, but that doesn’t help… :frowning:

Hmm, OK, I’m on Android which explains why I’m not seeing the error.
I will investigate further.

1 Like

I have both and am happy to test. Just let me know if I can help you.

1 Like

I have published another version. It seems it’s the ‘°’ character that causes the problems in the URL so needs to be escaped but I seem to keep finding new places that it get inserted. It would appear Android can cope with the character.

Thx, @Adrian_Rockall!
It doesn’t make the iOS Homey app crash anymore now.

It recognizes there’s a test version (3.1.11), but when clicked “view” it point to the (normal) version 3.0.10. So the non-test version… :confused:

Searching feels quicker now too? Or is it just perception?