Homey Community App Store

So it’s VM based (so the most expensive variation), it’s not possible to use some real webhosting ? Probably it has been considered I assume. If no comment received, I assume this is no go then.

Yes, I considered normal web hosting too, but we need all the benefits that Docker provides, such as setting up an event service (for auto-updating). Plus, the backend is written in Node and most hosting companies don’t support that on a regular web hosting solution.

Please think about PayPal. That would make donating easier for many.

Simulateur de coût Google Cloud  |  Google Cloud ?

I guess you have considered that as well.

Anyway, whoever would like to donate/contribute - please follow Homey Community App Store - #332 by DominicVonk

Added paypal

1 Like

Yes, this can grow expensively quickly

Made donation. If hosting in NL is not possible, please make sure hosting is in EU!

And best is to change HCS to a subscription service, using paypal to automate that, but then probably it will not been possible to use paypal personal. It will be a hassle to setup including the administration, but it will protect you and us for failure, in case not enough donations are made in the future.

Pursuing dor donations is also a hassle.

I am Dutch and can help with subscription setup if needed in the future.

2 Likes

Thank you for the donation.

I’m Dutch as well, maybe we could have a call later on?

The server will be hosted in Germany, because NL hosting is also expensive.

What about developers asking Athom if their app would be accepted now (Slack Developer channel)? Would be much easier to install from the Athom store.
I got an app accepted that is a real competitor to Athoms app.

1 Like

Made donation.

The homey community store will also contain apps that would never enter the Athom store, because they are forks on other apps.

Thank you

Donation made.
Thanks for all the effort you put in @DominicVonk!

Thank you

Where can i make a donation? On the HCS website i see a paypal link that connects it to Max paypal account.

@Pieter_Pessers https://community.homey.app/t/homey-community-app-store/29865/332

Thank you, @Mike1233
Made a donation

Donation sent. Thanks for taking this on.
Let me know if you need any help.

Donation made, THX a lot @DominicVonk!

Everyone thank you for the donations. We have enough for the first year!

Follow the progress of the development on:

All old apps will still be available, and the maintainers of the apps in the current HCS store, can claim their app by getting in contact with me after the store launched, so from that moment on they can update their own app.

11 Likes