Homey Community App Store

So you have a source for this change? The only reason I started the community store is because they kept rejecting my LG WebOS app as it would compete with their own and would be ‘too complex for users’ due to having more functionality.

No source, but some of my apps.

• HomeAssistant: I just asked Emile on Slack and got the OK to publish the community app in addition to Athoms app.
  • Yamaha: New SDK3 version in addition to the old one.

Also technical settings like IP and ports are handled less strict.
I think since HomeyPro is the nerd version compared to HomeyCloud, it’s easier for us to publish such apps.

3 Likes

My SmartThings app was rejected again a few months back. The reason was it is too complicated to setup because of creating tokens within the SmartThings system.

Note: My Mercedes Me app is just as hard to setup, but that was accepted a long time ago. Not sure if it’s coincidence but Athom don’t have an app for Mercedes :wink:

2 Likes

Funny, Google Services was approved first time it submitted it.
While it requires quite some work to get a token, enter creditcard (while its still free, CC is required to enter in google), setup a project etc. GS is not easy to setup.

1 Like

Any comment and planning on progress with Athom?

Hope HCS is working soon again :wink:

Just an idea:
Do we all need to file support tickets to Athom to ask for higher priority?

Yes I had contact with Athom, we still need to use the api credentials from the cli. I would not prefer this, but at the moment it’s the only way. Now I know this I can finalize it, I think a release will be there tomorrow or the day after

15 Likes

I have tried to run the app from the CLI, however I get the following error messages:
30 verbose stack Error: missing: lodash@^4.17.21, required by com.smartthings@2.0.10
30 verbose stack missing: nodemailer@^6.7.7, required by com.smartthings@2.0.10
30 verbose stack at LS.ls (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:214:9)
31 verbose cwd /Users/rstroot/Documents/Homey/com.smartthings-master
32 verbose Darwin 22.5.0
33 verbose argv “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “ls” “–parseable” “–all” “–only=prod”
34 verbose node v16.6.0
35 verbose npm v7.19.1
36 error code ELSPROBLEMS
37 error missing: lodash@^4.17.21, required by com.smartthings@2.0.10
37 error missing: nodemailer@^6.7.7, required by com.smartthings@2.0.10
38 verbose exit 1

Any idea how these can be resolved?

run npm update from the CLI and the install the app.

1 Like

ping :blush:

1 Like

I already ran that, but on another folder, not realizing it had to be ran on each application folder.
Now I ran it again, and indeed it solves the problem.
And just for your info, the smartthings app does support the Samsung Jet Bot Vacumer.
Thank you for the app.

1 Like

Don’t want to push to much, but is it known when the update is coming for HCS. I hope to install the Google nest SDM.

9 Likes

I would also like to install the Nest SDM. Is there any other way to do this with CLI or something similar? :wink:

Yes, when you can find the source code you can :wink:

If someone should find the source code, let me know. I would like to install it this way.

We’d better ask if there’s anything the community can do to get the community store back online soon.

3 Likes

Agree. But if it’s not that easy to fix HCS…?! I have a few broken flows. So when it’s possible to sideload until it’s fixed, i’m all ears. :slight_smile:

My most important app is TadoZones which is in a private repo, thus I am bound that HCS MUST function, because cli is impossible, dev does not listen to my requests to make the app public source.

Only solution for me is to switch back to official Tado before end of september if HCS is then still broken. Geo I do with nodered again attached to tado, just fixed today (had it in place in the past)

Hi, a quick update: before the store can be back online, we need to move the hosting away from the current setup of Max, as this is really expensive. Additionally, we need to receive enough donations to cover the cost of the new hosting, so this is something the community could do to help us. (the hosting costs will be around 180 euro’s a year)

3 Likes

Wow, that’s kind of expensive, which kind of hosting is required ? Eg. standard/extended hosting - 2 EUR / month - Webhosting - Advanced | FORPSI.COM, not sure this is usable though.

Anyway, for donations, where, to whom ? Max, you ?

The things I took in consideration is the amount of storage available and the ram:

• 4 vCPU Cores
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 800 GB SSD
  • 400 Mbit/s Port

This will be the specs of the server (because it can grow large quickly with all the app bundles)

The donations need to be send to me I think, as Max will no longer work on it.

2 Likes