Homey Cloud Backup - (part of Homey Pro Backups subscription)

Activated the free App Store Homey+ trial for a test run of the new backup functionality.

Surprised to see that there was already a backup listed for November 21 (2019)…

1 Like

Guess that was around the time the first additons of the backup code to the firmware and Athom testing the cloud infrastructure. I would not dare to trust it as there have been several additons to fix fe zigbee and zwave backup and restore to the firmware.

Without asking the users if they are okay with uploading their data to the cloud? Surely not.

Yes, I had the same thought here.

But maybe it’s just a (display) bug? (no real backup?)

After I made my first real backup and checked that on My backups | Homey there was only 1 backup: that of today.

Ik wil terug van 5.0 naar 4.2 op Homey Pro.
Na de reset krijg ik de optie om een back-up uit te kiezen en terug te zetten.
4.2 staat er tussen. en die selecteer ik dan ook.
Maar als de restore klaar is heb ik gewoon weer 5.0 …

I just used the search function and came across this, it might help you How to rollback firmware from V 5.0 back to V 4.20

1 Like

Thanks Ton. It is updating now to 4.2 i hope.

But strange that the option Athom provides to set back an earlyer version does not work.

I personally think to remember that I have read somewhere, that AtHom indicates that once you’re on an experimental channel, you can’t go back to stable. Not sure whether this is for Apps only or also for firmware.

Not since the backup was introduced. You can turn off experimental feature off anytime.

1 Like

Hi I am a new Homey user and bought the Homey+ for backups.
I do not see the backup option in my mobile app (6.2.0.652) homey version: 4.2.0
In my account unnder backups I do not see an option to start a backup.
I have read several posts and seen a video about the backup functionality, I understand that the backup functionality is stable from version 4.0, so whats wrong?

Hi Robert,
Welcome to the Community,
Did you Purchase a Homey+ subscription in the App (per Month) or online in the store?
If you log in it should be visible on the following page:

Only other thing I can think of if you didn’t login as Homey Owner to buy the option.
(fe as secondary account Manager or Guest)

A Homey’s last 7 backups are stored in the cloud. Backups are bound to the account of the Homey’s owner.

Thanks Geurt,

I was indeed not the owner, but a manager. I changed it and made a manually backup.

Thanks!

1 Like