Homey Cameras

I’ve never done this before so I hope I’ve made it right…
Already sent te log info, i switch to full but it goes back to erros only, hope the log i sent is complete…
Also only asked for confirmation to send log, nothing else appears, i just click ok, so it must have been sent.

I got the log. It switches back to errors only once it has filled the buffer.
Unfortunately it’s just full of the get time calls. The problem with full is it generates a lot of information. I think I need to switch off the regular camera checks while full logging is on.
So, next try, could you select full information again but then as quick as you can restart the app. Hopefully it will capture the initialisation of the cameras. As soon as the option switches back to errors only, send the log.
Sorry it’s such a pain but there’s a lot of information and not a lot of memory to capture it.
At the moment I can see it’s reporting the snapshot is not supported but I can’t see if that’s because there is no information provided or if its invalid.

No worries, it’s me that has to thank you!

Soo I’ve sent two logs, the last one i believe I made it right, but you let me know.
If it’s not what you need, then I have to do this on the weekend on a laptop, cause right now I’m not at home and doing this on my phone on a split screen trying to be as fast as possible.
If it is just the camera that does not support snapshot, I’m truly sorry for being wasting your time :smirk:

1 Like

Hey guys,

I’ve tried setting up a virtual camera with my hikvision cams. But I keep getting ‘http error 401 unauthorized’ while I’m 100% sure I’m using the correct link.

http://user:pass@xx.x.x.xx:65004/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

Anybody who has an idea?

1 Like

Have you tried the apps:

or

Hikvision app is also not working anymore after the upgrade.
I’ve tried onvif. But can’t get it to work either. But I’ve tried very hard to be honest. First wanted to explorer the virtual cam. Seems the most simple solution.

The main advantage of the other apps, if they work, is that motion detection.
What was the problem with the ONVIF app and have you tried the latest test version?
I know some users have had success with Hikvision cameras and I would be happy to help you try that one.

Hey!

i have an ipcamera that works just fine and when i enter the url in Chrome i can get directly to the stream but when trying to enter that in either the virtual camera or the Onvif app it doesnt work…

Homey can’t read the live video stream. All it can do is read the snapshot. Is that what you mean?

I think he assumes that Homey can play a live video stream from a camera using Homeys Virtual Camera feature.

I feel into the same trap when I first got my Homey.

I logically assumed you could view a live stream with this feature to eventually be disappointed to find out you just get a static snap shot. Fairly useless… Great when your trying to track someone’s that’s roaming around your property,.

As a work around maybe if we rapidly click the Virtual Camera icon 24x times a second Homey might be able to show live video … lol

Not when it takes 2 or more seconds to update the image :grin:

Lol… With my Wifi latency issues add an extra second onto that :disappointed:

I can live with a 2 second delay. Now does anyone know how to upgrade Homey to 48 core processor? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To just relay an RTSP video stream to the App. That wouldn’t take much CPU would it ?

Wasn’t being serious, just thought if one frame takes 2 secs to process and I want to process 24 frames per sec, It needs to work on 2. * 24 frames at the same time.

Haha., Sorry I didn’t get the joke … Could also maybe create a farm of Homeys and network them all to one “master” Homey :smirk:

I do wonder though if it would technically be possible for Homey to simply relay a low bandwidth H.264 RTSP stream… ?

Do you think it would be possible?

I don’t know what you mean by relaying. Embedding on a webinterface wold be just fine, Homey doesn’t need to do anything. decoding/reencoding would be another matter, Homey lacks dedicated hardware that a GPU usually provides.

Does Homey support iSpy or an RTSP platform you could add cameras to?

Yes, Synology Surveillance Station is supported: [APP][Pro] Synology Surveillance Station 2
You can use your camera’s as motion sensors and then take an snapshot. Works 80% of the time (because of delay between motion triggering and taking an snapshot).

However only snapshots, no streams.

1 Like