Homey Bridge - useless without Pro?

Hi,
I recently bough a Bridge thinking that it could replace my various bridges (HUE, Ikea) and also connect to my blinds (433Mhz). It seems like nothing can be connected to the bridge without an app, and there´s no learning mode or ways to use the various protocols the Bridge supports. I can connect the Bridge to my HUE lamps, but not without the HUE Bridge connected. Same with IKEA.

There´s a total lack of specified information on what the Bridge is usable for, and what is there is only high level. I also heard there´s a cost involved for developers that wants their app in the Homey Cloud, which will obviously be a blocker for a lot of them.

Is the Bridge at all worth keeping without a Pro, or should i just consider it a buy-mistake?

I was able to connect all my tradfri lamps directly to the homey bridge and I was able to connect my 433Mhz devices to the bridge.

So it is possible to connect directly to the bridge without the use of other brand bridges.

The only problem is that you need to select the correct app for adding the devices and not all apps work on the bridge.

1 Like

All the information an differences are clearly provided by homey.
The bridge can do a lot and is a very great smart home product for most people.
If you really want, you could add all lights to homey bridge without the hue brdige. But it has a reason why athom recommends it to link those two together. I learned it the hard way (after i crashed everything), the hue bridge can handle zigbee devices much better. So by splitting your home into two different zigbee networks you get a way more reliable smart home system. IKEA sockety, lamps, remotes,… work perfectly fine with the homey bridge. No difference to a pro there. Maybe you mean premium - thats a low monthly fee to pay for a big smart home plattform.

1 Like

Hi. Stain; even with homey pro IS imposible to add most rf 433 remotes.
Please, Marco, Can you tell us how did you add your 433 remotes?
And please, Mannni you say “All the information an differences are clearly provided by homey.”
Have you really seen what it says here Homey - A Better Smart Home ?