Homey Bridge - no updated device state

A few days into my new Homey Bridge - AKA noob here:

If I turn a light switch, a fan, or any device on or off, Homey Bridge does [not] update that device’s state. It doesn’t update in the app nor on the browser version.

The only way is actually shows if a device was turned on or off is if I did it manually directly in the app or the browser. The devices function normally, it’s simply not updating automatically. So, if I’m not home, I can’t possibly know if it’s on or off - it may say “on” but it’s actually off and vice versa.

Is this a normal behavior of Homey Bridge?

If not, can someone please suggest where I can find an answer please?

You probably mean Homey premium / cloud. The bridge is just a dumb antenna device.

No, it is not normal for cloud, zigbee, zwave devices.
For 433MHz or IR devices it is the way how it’s designed (one way commands)

https://homey.app/support

1 Like

It all depends on what devices and how you are turning them on and/or off.

Smart devices like ZigBee and Z-Wave should never be turned off with a dumb switch removing the power, this can cause a lot of issues with your other ZigBee or Z-Wave devices respectively as you suddenly remove a route.

433 MHz then it completely depends on how they are turned on, if you do it with another remote to turn on a socket.
as 433 mhz devices have no 2 way communication at all, so if that remote uses a different signal then Homey uses to turn on the socket, then Homey will not know what that signal was at all.

And thus, with this amount of information it is guessing what and if anything is wrong.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly!!!

1 Like

Thank you kindly!!