Homey bridge - advanced flow

Hi,

i have multiple smoke alarms connected to Homey. i would like to receive a notification whenever a smoke alarm becomes active but (now comes the hard part :slight_smile: ) i would like to include in the notification where the smoke alarm was triggered?
the complicated way seems to create additional variables for each room which is set (or enabled) whenever that smoke alarms becomes active; but i would hope there’s a more simple way

thanks!

Use the “any device’s …alarm… turned on” card that every zone has (build in flow cards):
smoke alarm

PS: Not entirely sure Homey (cloud) has this option though :thinking:
Not sure why you tagged/marked Homey Bridge as Homey (cloud) (with a bridge) doesn’t support Advanced Flows, only Homey Pro does.

Hi Caseda,

not sure if i understand your “PS statement”, i clearly titled it as Homey bridge & advanced flow, as i see the following when clicking the round blue plus icon: new advanced flow
so i presume i can create and use an advanced flow with my homey bridge

It just means you don’t have a Homey (Bridge) is that option is not there with Homey (Cloud) with or without a bridge.
Or it has been changed recently for Homey Premium :thinking:

Did ask Athom for the current status (no answer yet) but the advanced flows page definitely says not:

Advanced Flow is currently only available for Homey Pro.

Just to be sure you are aware of the difference:
Homey Bridge is the round light grey “external antenna”, at first only for Homey (cloud), but can be added to Homey Pro (early 2023) as a Satellite (technically just an external antenna).
Homey Pro is the round dark grey hub, or a white sphere (older Homey Pro’s).

Yep, but I tried and my 3 Homey with Bridge shows a New Advanced Flow !!!

And it Works!!

I’m pretty sure i have a Bridge, unless they sold me last october a Homey pro disguised as a bridge in a light grey body, but thanks for pointing this out :slight_smile:
now the sad news is that i dont see the “any device’s …alarm… turned on” card in this “advanced flow for homey bridge”

1 Like

What I see is that Card was not available in Homey (Subscription) with or without a Bridge (in Standard Flows), so therefore it is also not available in Advanced Flows.

Please make a support Request at Athom here: Support | Homey

ok, will do.

thanks for the help!

I stand corrected, Athom has recently activated Advanced Flows for Homey (Cloud) Premium subscriptions. (just heard a confirmation).
My apologies.

4 Likes