Homey 2023 Migration Experience

@robertklep i am getting somewhat confused after reading the above. I have 34 zigbee devises. 13 off these are routers such as INNR ,ikea and osram (bulps and plugs). I never had any network issue’s before on the old homey but now i do. So adding more router devices would not be the solution? Am i reading it wrong?

Homey 2023 is still in “early release”, it has known Zigbee issues. I was just talking in general on how to build a stable Zigbee network.

Hi Robert, ah oke than i understood it wrong. Was in the asumption maybe i had to rebuild my zigbee network.

Updated report 48 hours after re-pairing my Zigbee devices to Homey Pro 2023.
Zero problems so far, Homey Pro 23 appears to work just as well as the old Homey Pro. None of the Aqara sensors have left the network, and my IKEA remote controls work as before.

I have a small house, Homey Pro is on the main floor, my Aqara Zigbee temperature sensors are on the lower floor, where I also placed the one and only Zigbee signal repeater, right below Homey Pro on main floor.

well its getting stranger by te day with zigbee. Al the aqara temp sensors stay in the network and work fine. Some of the switches work some don’t. The doorsensors that are square work fine. The door sensors with rounded edges only one works. all the vibrations sensors work. presence sensors work.

i also have a house thats not to big and a lot off powered zigbee bulbs ext.

Ikea lights maybe?

Why would you go around with devices?
Just connect on location, you got a functional connection from every location so you can just connect where they are.
This instruction “close to Homey” I ignored a hundred times including on the attic.
My installation from scratch
-routers (powered) in order based on distance, leaving the Homey on it’s spot
-battery devices also all on location

1 Like

3 ikea and 5 innr and 1 osram. The ikea’s are in the garden where i have no problems o and one disaster switch off robshop :grin:

Yeah I asked while with Pro 201x my Aqara’s went silent after a while, after I had added Ikea lights to the zigbee mesh. After removing them, Aqara’s work 100% fine again.
I hope this is not an issue anymore with Pro 2023 zigbee, but I’ve not seen ‘proof’ of it yet.

Note: Ikea smart plugs stayed friends with my Aqara sensors.

I have had my ikea bulps from the beginning when i started with the old homey. Never had any problems with the Xiaomi sensors

Neither have I, I think it may have to do with specific models of lamps and/or specific firmware versions for them.

Mine drop out after about 10 minutes, so repair is not an option. I have reset the zigbee network to try to fix this. I took me one full day to get the units back, and it made everything worse. Now the few aqara un its that did work, no longer work.

I am now considering a fresh install af the unit, but that will probalbly take me two full days or more. Many of my zigbee units are installed inside my roof and I have a lot of flows. No one can tell me if this will help or not, so if anyone has experience doing a fresh install - I would be happy to get their experience on this.

I still have my old Homey, and have tried some of the aqara units there. They work fine, so one option would be to scrap the new one ang go back to the old one.

After resetting the zigbee network I also have problems with Ikea, Eva and Namron units that are not running on battery. I have not used Namron on the old Homeym but all the others has been flawless on the old one.

My aqara temp sensor only reports once, then they stop. Round doors sensors - 4 out of 10 works, but now the four has also started messing up.

When you say aqara has not left the network, have you actually tested that they still report? Mine does not leave the network - they just stop reporting, and there are no error messages.

1 Like