Høiax Connected smart water heaters

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I get no info in the myuplink app, even though the tank is clearly connected. And Homey won’t connect either. Tried to fabric reset the tank, but no difference.

Ah, that explains the odd fault reports I have been getting. I think you have to contact Høiax to resolve the myUplink issues. If myUplink does not get any data then Homey will not either. Please let me know what you find out with Høiax support, then I can add some helpful feedback for other Homey users that have a similar issue later.

Ok, will do.

Answer from Høiax costumer service (Norwegian):

Hei

Dette er en feil i programvaren.
Vi jobber med problemet og har dette som høyeste prioritet.

Vi har lokalisert feilen og jobber med siste justering og testing av ny løsning nå.
Det vil mest sannsynlig komme en ny oppdatering av programvaren i løpet av neste uke.

Sounds good :slight_smile:

Looks like some problems in prev post, but posting here just in case its useful.

I would guess that is related to the ongoing Høiax problems with myUplink.
@Alf_Jonny_Nokling Does this error resolve by itself or does it stay in this state forever? Also, did it come after you entered the device settings and tried to save, or did it just pop up by itself? If it came after you entered the device settings does it go away if you restart the app?
@Torbjorn_Melbye, any news from Høiax?

Nope. No news. I get no functionality from my so called smart water heater. My previous 22 year old heater with a smart plug was actually better then my current situation :rofl:

@Torbjorn_Melbye , yeah, and now it’s impossible to have a smart plug in between :rofl:. Hope at least that you get some value out of it by setting the mode to Eco+Q from the tank display, then it will be set to be controlled by Spotprice (at least mine did when I just tried)

Hope it resolves soon. I have once again reached out to Høiax to get in contact with their developer. It would be a massive improvement to get information about their API-changes firsthand.

Yeah, it better resolve fast. I’ll be sending them bills for increased power costs on account of their shortcomings daily until then :rofl:

@frodeheg, just happened by itself. Reboot of app/remove device add it again same result. Prob has something to do with ongoing problems.
I see my heater is offline in MyUplinkApp as well.
Its connected to wifi and everything. Thanks for your effort frodeheg, must be annoying for you :slight_smile:

1.7.8 gives me this error…

I tryed to «repair» , uninstall and reinstall

Yes, I know, sorry about that. It’s already fixed in version 1.7.9 :wink:

@Alf_Jonny_Nokling / @Torbjorn_Melbye , this is the response I got from Høiax:

Høiax Support (Norwegian):

Det ble sluppet en firmware oppdatering når jeg hadde ferie og den gikk ikke helt rent dessverre. Vi har jobbet med problemet og vil slippe V1.5.9 enten i dag/morgen, eller på mandag.

V1.5.7 som utvikler Øystein viser til løste problemet, men vi fant et par ting til som skulle rettes, 1.5.7 ble aldri lansert annet enn hos betatesterne, derfor kommer det V1.5.9.

Thanks for the update.
You can bet your ass it’s gonna be monday then :smirk:
Today, tomorrow or monday :thinking: These people don’t work fridays do they? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:slight_smile: Quick as Lucky Luke,yes now it works… I love this app…

Eddie

1 Like

Yeah, basically there are two times you should never send new versions (unless the previous one was seriously broken): The day before a holiday or on fridays.
If there was an unforeseen issue you wouldn’t force everyone to have cold showers several days until the bug is fixed :wink:

Makes sense. But how come everyone doesn’t have the same issues? Are there multiple firmwares out there? Or are there just different ones for the 200 and 300l?

I don’t know, I have the same firmware version as those with issues (1.5.6), so I suppose the issue does not affect users that had an initial state inherited from a good firmware version.
It seems to be an issue that only affected new tanks that had 1.5.6 as the first version I think…

I see. Just hope they get it sorted asap.