Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Great work and thanks for your explanations.

2 Likes

Thank you Danee for the clear explanation. How do we know when Athom delivers a fix? Or will the news be in this community threat?

Well, that news will be most certainly published here, don’t worry :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A little update on the progress on the Homey Pro Early 2023 version of Heimdall, I’ve just published a test version to the App Store with a few fixes for changes under the hood in the new Homey.
There’s still some things to iron out on Athom’s side but these are mostly cosmetic and have no impact on the way Heimdall works.

While publishing the new test version I also found out there’s still a little under a thousand users that are not using the most current stable version of Heimdall. I hope everybody reading this will check if autoupdate is enabled on Heimdall and if not, will enable it.

When Heimdall performs satisfactorily on Homey Pro Early 2023 I will publish it to stable, but will require a minimum Homey firmware version that is not (yet?) available for Homey Pro Pre 2023.

3 Likes

New test version published.

Version 2.10.2

• Updated homey-api to 3.0.0-rc.6
  • Workaround for Homey Pro before 2023 compatibility

This version is updated to the latest Release Candidate of the homey-api but unfortunately that version does not offer the compatibility layer that should fix the differences between older and newer Homeys.

But now worries, I was able to work out my very own workaround for the differences so this new version will also work on older Homeys!

So, I’ve lowered the required firmware version back to 8.0.0 so you are able to run this version also on your current Homey!

4 Likes

New test version published.

Version 2.10.3

• Small fix for keypads

This update contains a fix for a problem with the display of an Arming- and Alarm Delay on a Ring Keypad V1

1 Like

I’ve tested some alarms in the App and I noticed that when multiple alarms are activated from different devices, the App only reports the first alarm and ignores the rest. This is the same for partial and full arming.
I even tried setting off different devices first and the result was the same. Only the first device reported in the timeline and push notifications.

Thats right, when the Alarm State is activated, well, it’s activated and can not be activated again.
Please use the Sensor tripped in Alarmstate trigger card to register what happens while in an active Alarm State. This is completely by design.

1 Like

Thanks,
OK, that makes sense.

New version published.

Homey Pro Early 2023 only

Version 2.10.4

• Updated homey-api to 3.0.0-rc.10

This version requires at least firmware version 10.0.0. This means this can only be installed on the new Homey Pro Early 2023. Unfortunately the homey-api on which Heimdall heavily relies is not yet final. Because of that there’s not guarantee that it’s fully compatible with the older Homeys so I decided to not make this version available for older Homey because I don’t want to cause problems for existing users.

Support for older Homey version will return if this can be done in a sensible way. When the homey-api is final and works reliable on both the new and old Homey’s and Heimdall can be used on both version from the same codebase without workarounds for any platform I will release a version that supports both platforms.

3 Likes

New version published

Version 2.10.6

• Lowered minimum required firmware version

Athom doesn’t allow publishing apps that require at least firmware 10.0.0 to specifically target the new Homey Pro Early 2023 so I’ve lowered the required firmware back to 8.0.0.

1 Like

Hi @DaneedeKruyff
Thanks for the app, I’ve been using it without issues for years.
But today heimdall auto updated to v2.10.7 after which it crashed. Relaunching the app gives same result. Reboot gives same result. Will do a ptp later today. Homey pro with 8.0.5 fw.

Hi Kevin,

Please update your Homey to the latest firmware 8.1.3. I’m not sure what’s happening but I’ve not received any crash reports.

I have a few homey not on the latest firmware and those also give the heimdall crashes . Didn’t have the time yet to update then but the homeys on a ip2datw firmware don’t crash after the update.

Update: I updated 2 homeys that crashed with the lastest firmware and Heimdall doesn’t crash anymore
Seems it triggers a bug in older firmwares

1 Like

Na een update is de app gestopt met werken en ook na een herstart van de app werkt de app niet meer.

Bij deze een diagnostisch rapport: af21b1c9-ac24-4fd3-a81d-777893658639

After an update the app stopped working, even after a restart of the app the app won’t start up.

This is my report: af21b1c9-ac24-4fd3-a81d-777893658639

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Nederlands (Dutch)

Please update your Homey’s firmware, you’re running an old version.

1 Like

I’m gonna do that tommorow, i let you now if it work :+1:

After the latest update it keeps crashing for me also. Im already on the latest firmware 8.1.3

Diagnostic report
948b3f3d-70fb-47c8-ae81-0d5412c2f84f

Same here. Update was automatically installed and it crashed right after it. Got a early 2016 with latest firmware.

19388996-caf1-4454-8300-a5c76560fd47

1 Like