Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Hi Welcome on the forum and thanks for using Heimdall

Heimdall will always activate the Alarm State when a selected sensor is tripped in an active Surveillance Mode, no way around that.
That said, you could choose to not use the The alarm is activated card but the Sensor tripped in Alarmstate card to trigger the flow to take action on an Alarm. You’ll end up having to deal with some other stuff, like should you disable Heimdalls Alarm State when your false positive is no longer active? Do you only want this for this particular sensor that gives the false positives? Etc. Etc.
So, I think you’re better of fixing your problem at the root cause, a sensor giving false positives. Either repositioning/re-adjusting the sensor, not using it in Heimdall, dynamically removing it from a Surveillance Mode with the Add/Remove sensor from Surveillance Mode action cards on sunny days.
And I realize it will take a (lot) of time to read this whole thread but I’m sure you’ll find it usefull as a lot of tips and tricks can be found on how to fit Heimdall to your needs.

False positives can be a pain to eliminate completely.
So, I got this idea:
Create a virtual motion sensor, which is set to motion alarm=true, if f.i. both the hallway and livingroom sensors motion alarm=true.
Replace the hallway and livingroom sensors with the new virtual sensor in Heimdall.

I assume your sensors hold the motion alarm state for 1 minute.
This can be done using the ‘a zone becomes active’ trigger, and then the order in which the sensors went into motion alarm is important, and configurable; The first active sensor is in the AND part with the ‘a zone is active’ card, the second active sensor is the trigger.

Otherwise it can be done using ‘an alarm became active, and the sensor is
Motion’ trigger, with both zones as a condition.
Now the order of the sensors going into motion alarm state, is irrelevant.

I would strongly advice to not overcomplicate your setup, just to get around a sensor giving false positives.
Ask yourself what you want to happen on a overcast day or during nighttime. Do you need that sensor to trigger an alarm by itself? Yes → fix the false positives. No → You don’t need that sensor anyway so don’t configure it in Heimdall
Don’t try to mitigate a symptom, fix the problem.

Thanks for both of yours inputs, I will look over What sensor I do need to triggar the alarm and not, and first start loggning if I do get any false triggats.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Is there a possibility to select “Night” to activate Heimdall ands make settings for the option “Night”? This option is available in Homekit but not in Homey. In homey you have 3 options: Armed, Disarmed & Partially armed.
The same button in Homekit: Home, Away, Night, Off

I like to make a difference between Partially Armed and Night.

Hi Rob, that’s not possible, like you say Homey only offers the Disarmed, Partially Armed and Armed modes and Heimdall uses that. So to get an extra mode you would have to submit a feature request at Athom.

That said, Heimdall does offer flowcards to dynamically add/remove sensors from Surveillance Modes maybe you can do something with those cards under certain conditions to get the desired behaviour.

Hi Danee,

Thanks for the answer. I was not aware the functionality of the Heimdall button which is visible in Homekit is managed by Athom. I thought it was part of the Heimdall app.

I know that I can flow cards to solve my request. But when I saw the button: Night/Nacht in Homekit I was curious where I find the settings for this in the app or flow cards. But it’s clear, there aren’t any. :sweat_smile:

Hi Rob,

It’s not really the Heimdall Surveilance Mode Switch that’s visible in Homekit, it’s a separate device created by Apple to handle the modes and they decided on 4 different modes.
Athom is responsible for the 3 modes in Homey, I use these modes in Heimdall and a developer on the Homeykit App mapped the modes from Homey to the (4) Modes of Apple Homekit. When that part of the Homeykit App was written we discussed how to map the 3 modes from Homey to the 4 modes in Homekit and the outcome is how it is now.
I’ve never used Homeys built-in (experimental) Homekit integration so I have no idea how that is handled.

Hi Danee,

I do not make use of the builtin Homekit for Homey but I make use of Homeykit app.
But it is clear to me. Thanks for your answer. :relaxed:

Hi Danee,

I’m working with the Ring keypad and created a flow with notification who has entered the pin and what is done. But I miss the variable user name. I only can notify which pincode was entered. Is it possible to extend this with a variable username?

Hi Rob,

Can you please show your flow?

The Ring Security app isn’t aware of users as user management is done in Heimdall so when using a trigger card from that app there is no username available only the PIN entered.
When using a trigger card from Heimdall the reason it isn’t possible (yet?) is described in the Ring Security App post here.

I use the Ring Security flow and not Heimdall. I also read the post you send me and I understand the issue.

Thanks for you response.
Rob

Setting the “hours no information”, when using “No information received” card, to a value larger than 24 hours doesn’t seem to work. I have 23 contact sensors so I would rather have them report on a weekly basis rather than daily. Is that not possible?

Sorry, I did not see this reply earlier, but no, it’s not possible to use a value higher than 24.

Hi,
I am trying to do a special flow. I found a way to check all door sensors. If one or more of them is in alarm state i want to be notified with the name of the sensor or the zone.
Is it possible to perform that ?
Thanks…

How is this related to Heimdall?

@DaneedeKruyff
Some guy told me to check out with Heimdall

Maybe put it in the right context would help :wink:

I answered your first question that you want to check if sensors are triggered and Heimdall is a fine way to do that, i use the functionality to check if all windows are closed when i leave the house. What you described afterwards is something else, no clue if you can also accomplish that with Heimdall, but you can do that using flows for sure.

But just tested it for you, and it is even possible with Heimdall, you just need 2 flows.

And ofcourse change the When card in flow 1 to the “button is pressed” of your button

You will now get push notificatons (1 per device that is triggered, and it will put them on the notifications list in homey, but you can also send messages to Telegram, logs, signal, whatsapp etc, depending on what you want

1 Like