Heatit Z-wave app (v2.7.1)

Have the issues with the z-trm3 been resolved with the update for most people? Thinking about buying them.

Actually mine have worked beautifully after the initial trick with the reporting

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen any issues being re-openedā€¦
nor (negative) feedback in this topic

1 Like

Good to hear! One last question; can the z-trm3 be used without physical connection to the heating system? So only with L and N wires connected and then wirelessly controlling the valves.

The Z-TRM3 has a association group for the relay state that is able to switch on the external relay based on the temperature control.

In debugging, I donā€™t always connect a load to the thermostat, and if so it is a light bulb. So I donā€™t think it is needed; no guarantees though.

But wouldnā€™t the Z-TEMP2 be a better alternative if you are not going to connect a load?

1 Like

Maybe, but I prefer not to use any batteries (house is being built) and these fit perfectly in the System 55 Gira windows. :slight_smile: The z-temp2 need its own position on the wall.

I just want to use the thermostat as it is. Set temperature and then with a flow open or close the valves to which the z-water is connected.

Iā€™m trying to add TRM3 units. As soon as the inclusion starts the thermostat turns off. It also seems to get an incorrect setting for sensor. The sensor gets set to floor. This happens for all the units Iā€™ve tested. What could be wrong?

I have the same issue with the same batch. Have you managed to solve this?

Unfortunately not.

Iā€™m thinking about dissecting the app to se what might be wrong. There is no time for that right now, though.

Asked Heatit and in my case the manufacturers id was wrong on all buttons. The buttons were replaced by the store as this was a known issue with a specific batch.

I did not understand that reply. Could you clarify?

Sorry, hit the wrong reply button. Was related to an issue with the heatit z-push buttons.

The Heatit app will recognise the Robbshop 4 button z-wVe wall switch as a Heatit version. When setting associations however an error is given that thereā€™s missing a method to remove associations (sorry, I do not have the exact error anymore).

Is that an incompatibility with the Robbshop version, or is it a bug in the app? I ask because I rather not have two apps accepting the same device. Iā€™d rater use just the Heatit App, and not install the Robbshop app too (that works with setting associations).

If you could share the error code, I could check it.

In general, the ROBB smarrt app is fully optimized for Homey v5, utilizing SDK3.
Both are providing the same functions at this moment.
Prioritizing one app over another can be done by temporarily disabling the other app during inclusion.

I tried it again but couldnā€™t reproduce. The only difference I can think of is I now remembered to add it as a Walli to force insecure (donā€™t know if it supports secure, just did). I do not think that should make any difference. Never mind, forget I mentioned it and sorry I bothered you.
Now I have to choose which app Iā€™ll add all the extra ones the ones I ordered to. :slight_smile:

Some nice, new products are coming:
https://ipaper.ipapercms.dk/ThermoFloor/heatit-catalogue/

Personally Iā€™m looking forward to the new Wall Controller. Looks much better than the current controller.

@TedTolboom When those products come out, will Heatit send you samples so you can integrate them in the app? (if youā€™re willing of course :wink: )

That is at this moment unsureā€¦ depends if Heatit will continue to support the development of this app

Letā€™s hope so. If not, is me sending you a sample ok too? :slight_smile:

@TedTolboom Heatit says ā€œYes of course we will. We need to, we have plenty of Homey users around!ā€ :smiley:

1 Like

@bjornarfjelldal Did you find a solution for the issue that the Z-Water relay state is not updated in Homey?

Thanks for a great app, @TedTolboom!
Is the battery-version of the Heatit Z-Smoke supported?