Google Home can't find Homey Pro

Ah bummer, I just passed on Henk’s fix.
What worked in my case was add Homey to ‘works with Google’ again and again and again, (be patient) until it works.
Btw is your Google Assistant toggle enabled, at Homey Settings? It tends to disable itself after X days or so…

Google Assistant toggle is also disabled, normally I can activate this. But now the coupling fails from Google Home/Asssistant itself this also fails :frowning:

It’s now more than a week and still Google Home won’t connect with Homey. None of the solutions work. It seems I have to reinstall Homey and/or google Home for this to work again :-(. This is really a pain

Are you part of The Google Home beta program? For me, that was the problem.

I read that solution, but couldn’t find this anywhere. Where/how did you find that you were enrolled in the beta program?

On Android, you have to join the beta program yourself @ Play store app page. It’s very unlikely it was enabled without your consent

1 Like

Ah, in iOS this option is not available. So I’m safe to say that I don’t use the experimental version.

Thanks, I’ll be retrying to connect a few more times today :slight_smile:

In ios it’s called ‘testflight’ afaik

Ah, yes I use testflight for another app. But not for Homey or Google Home.
I think I just switch to Alexa… That one works everytime and Google Home is always a pain in the b… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tried it a few times today. As I’m also part of the Alexa - Netherlands test-team, I think this was just a sign to completely switch to Amazon Alexa. So disabled Google Home and now am using Alexa.
An extra upside for this, my daughters get more experience in speaking english (Sonos speakers won’t do Alexa in Dutch just yet) :slight_smile:

1 Like