Garmin - control your Homey with your Garmin watch

When I open the devices tab on my Garmin Fenix 6s, I get an IQ with an exclamation mark. All other tabs, namely Flows, Notifications, user and Apps work as expected. Is this a known issue?

This shouldn’t happen. Perhaps there is an invalid capability value or something not expected.
You start with the main screen, then you go to category list and then you select “devices”?
Is an amount of devices shown in this page?

Is the app crashing already on showing the first device or during scrolling througt the device list?

If it’s the first one, please check which device is your first favorite (in favorite list).
Then please search the device in Homey Developer Tools and send me a screenshot with the capabilities and their values as PM. Hopefully I can see something that coul dcause the issue.
Thanks.

It shows the number of devices. When I click to the devices, it crashes on the first device.

I’ll send you the capabilities as PM. Thanks for checking :slight_smile:.

The issue is corrected with version 0.2.4.

You can install from app store and the sync your watch with GarminConnect app - or wait until Garmin is publishing it for auto update for all devices.

Short description:
The error occoured if a favorite device got deletes in Homey. In this case, the favorite list entry is still present, but not the device. In this case, the widget is showing a “not found” message. In that case you can delete this favorite entry from your watch using the menu (long press on UP button).

Thanks for reporting the bug @daniel3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @RonnyW
Do you know if it is possible to make this app operate over LTE for the Garmins that have this possibility? I have a 945 LTE and I realized last week that I could not connect to Homey on my Garmin when the phone was not present.

Hi @Stefan_K
I got your mail from Garmin store, too. But haven’t checked yet.

The app uses the ConnectIQ API and there is only a generic webrequest available.
Currently I don’t know if I can adjust the target connection or if it’s done by the watch/firmware.
I’ll check the API reference and give you a feedback.

Ah, sorry for the double posting. It’s not urgent. I was more curious to know if it is possible, even though I admit it would be usefull in the end for me if it works.

I’ll see if I can find something out as well from the Garmin-connect-IQ-discussions that can help.

I only found this in SDK:

https://developer.garmin.com/connect-iq/api-docs/Toybox/Communications.html#makeWebRequest-instance_function

Perhaps LTE is only accessible from the firmware. I’ll ask in Garmin forum if it’s possible for apps, too.

No problem. Forum is much better than mails from Garmin store :slight_smile:

Bad news. Seems only firmware has access (incident messages etc.):

New version 0.2.5:

• Added support for region dependent URLs for HomeyPro23.
    The URL for WebAPI access to Homey can be dependent on your region (Athom server). The new version uses the current URL given by your Homey after oAuth authorization.

Hello, my Garmin watch reports Error O. If I log out of Homey from the watch and log in again on the phone, everything is OK on the watch, but as soon as I turn off the application on the watch and turn it on again, Error 0. I have also tried to reinstall several times. I have a Garmin Tactic.
Where am I making a mistake in the settings?

Thanks
Z.

Hi, after login the widget is shown? And going back and reopen the widget doesn’t work?
Is the Tactic using default widget carousel or the small widget list?

Edit: I got the error, too. I’ll check the reason…

@Zdenek_Sadek
Can you please try the update (0.2.6)?
I hope the issue is fixed now. But I have to check tomorrow again when the token gets updated.

1 Like

Everithing is OK :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any chance that this one will be available for the Fenix 6? It is not in the list, so I can’t get the app on my watch :frowning:

Which version of Fenix 6 in meant?
S, standard or X?

No details about your Fenix?

These are the Fenix 6 versions on which you can install the app:

Just check the “compatible devices” in the app details in Garmins app store.

I saw that, but my Fenix 6 just shows “Fenix 6”, nothing special behind it.

The standard Fenix6 is not supported. This watch has only 64kByte available for widgets, so the widget can’t run on it.
The Pro versions have 1MB available for widgets are supported.
So it’s correct that the app is not available for your watch…sorry :blush: