Flow for Temperature through Tellstick Live and WiFi Socket?

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to make a flow by using two devices - WiFi Socket and Telldus temperature sensor.

Temperature is measured from a Telldus device linked through Telldus Live.

Socket in which a heating oven is plugged in, is controlled by a TP-link WiFi socket with Energy measurement.

I want to create two flows. One for night time, and one for daytime. Flow should use temperature based on starting when below certain degree, and stop when reached another degree. This will also need to be possible to juggle one setting for the nighttime from time xx:xx to time yy:yy, and same for daytime.

Seeing I’m fairly new to Homey, I’m having issues finding the right topic and finding any similiar flows when browsing around here. I found one article, but it was over 2 years old, and the flows did not match the current setup (and I seemed to miss something).

All help appreciated alot :slight_smile:

Martin

Welcome to the Homey community, Martin!

It doesn’t matter that the devices or data are from different manufacturers. Therefore you don’t need to search for examples where exactly the same manufacturers were used. So you will find many examples. Also the 2 years old post could be helpful.
But unfortunately, you do not give us any information about the 2 year old post, nor you don’t describe your wanted requirements exactly. This makes it much more difficult to help you.

I assume that you have installed and set up both apps from the app store. Do you?
I don’t use Telldus Live nor TP-Link Wifi sockets, so I don’t know exactly the possibilities, but one of the flows could look like this:

If…
– The temperature has changed (Telldus)
And…
– Logic card “Temperature is less than x °C” (use the temperature tag from Telldus Live)
– Date & Time “The time is between xx:xx to yy:yy”
Then…
– TP-Link Wifi socket “Switch on”

This is a very simple flow. No other conditions are included.
If you give some more information I guess we are able to build the flows as you want.

Cheers - thank you! I will try to get this working. I was not sure how these Logic cards work, but it makes sense. The Telldus thermostat sadly did not work inside the room where I wanted to make this flow. Too far away from the Tellstick. It seems I need to find a thermostat for WiFi as I am trying to control stuff in a room I’ve build in the barn 20m away from my house.

The flow I was thinking was something like this:

When…

• Temperature has changed

And…
– Logic card “Temperature is less than 10 °C”
– Date & Time “The time is between 23:00 to 15:00”

Then…
– TP-Link Wifi socket “Switch on”

However - I also want it to heat up to max 14 °C, then switch off. Thus leaving me with the question how can I tell it to heat to 14°C. Switch off, wait for 10°C then switch back on :slight_smile: ?

You almost wrote it yourself
When…

• Temperature has changed

And…
– Logic card “Temperature is more than 14 °C”
– TP-Link Wifi socket is on

Then…
– TP-Link Wifi socket “Switch off”

1 Like

Ah, of course! It’s been 25 years since I did any logical programming, so I’m quite rusty :joy:

Thank you again! I’ll try make that work :+1:

1 Like