Fibaro motion sensor LUX?

Hey Guys

Having problems creating a flow with a fibaro motion sensor - it should be quite simple all I want is the motion sensor to activate a switch in between a certain time and with the LUX below a certain value - I create the flow with the “The motion alarm turned on” on the when card and the “The time is between 16:00 and 00:00” on the And card but I can’t also add the LUX to the And card as it’s not available - when I create it this way it works but obviously it works when LUX is at any state - any ideas why I can’t add the LUX to the And card

Motion sensor flow

You could try this with logic (just set that up with a Neo sensor, but will work the same with Fibaro

This only triggers when you set off the motion alarm, if you want to turn on the lights even without motion, you can use Luminance changed for the first card (doesn’t work with aqara sensors since they need a motion trigger to send the LUX value as far as I know, but should work for Neo and Fibaro

Thank you will give that a go - I’m just getting a feel to my new homey pro only had it a week - been doing some testing with some spare devices I have before I start migrating over from Vera plus

Possibilities are almost endless with Homey, it just takes some time to find the right way to do things, so feel free to ask the community any time, plenty of people here that want to help others :+1:

Thanks will do - I know there is a learning curve with it but exited to learn the possibilities of homey - this is why I chose homey to migrate from my Vera plus after 10 years of being with Vera

I got that working thank you - I wanted to expand on that flow - I added another flow to turn the light off - but I don’t think that’s the right way to do it - I have messed about with a countdown timer but I also want it to reset if motion is still detected - I have read some posts on here but still had no luck - can anyone point me in the right direction please - sure I’m missing something out

You kinda need multiple flows, this post explains it in detail, including screenshots
https://community.homey.app/t/simple-lights-turning-on-off-based-on-motion/10889

Thanks Chris - that’s a really great step by step guide

1 Like

Hi
Im have made a flow with fibaro wavez
When sensor triggeret and lux is below 200 turn no light
Nothing happens i can see the luman (lux) in the fibera now is 1.
Can not understand why it dont work if i take out the lux part it work it is for me to. Automatik turn light on the kitchen if it is getting dark

Hi and welcome

These are the three flows I use to control my landing light using the a Fibaro motion sensor - also make sure you have put the sensor in a room/Zone in Homey if you are using it like I have when a zone becomes active - I do have a blind time of 2 minutes so the light is on for 3 minutes before it turns off if no activity in that zone

Hi thank

Now it work

Im so happy

Thanks alot

Glad you got it working

Creating flows using luminance is quite tricky, because your flow might not work in this case:

You walked to the room, there was less than 13 lux, light is turning on, but… you was in the room for some time, and sensor updated lux value to let’s say 50. Now when you walked out for 3 minutes, light was turned off, and you walked in again, luminance sensor still has value of 50 lux, because it doesn’t update it immediately. Light will not turn on.

To avoid this, I’m using two blocks where luminance is below 20, then turn light on, but if there is above 60 lux turn it off. When lux value is between 20 and 60 nothing happens, because it’s difference between lux value when light is turned off, and when light is turned on. Values are selected experimentally in specific time of day.
Screenshot (translated in paint :smiley: )

And of course I have second flow which turns off light when zone became inactive slimilar to yours.

EDIT: ahh…I just realized my scene will also not work in this scenario :sweat_smile:
But at least it doesn’t turn off and turn on lights constantly when luminance is changing because I’m using lumimance change as flow trigger…