Fibaro Motion Sensor does not report/stuck

I was wondering what you meant when you said that Xiapmi is not an option, because you don’t have any other Zigbee devices. I myself have tried it out and it worked just fine. Even with just one sensor.
It does build a mesh network, but that also works with just one sensor and Homey.

I started to switch all my z-Wave Devices from Secure to unsecure. The delays I had before are gone. Overall the Z-Wave is more reliable.

Never had an issue with the Fib.Motion Sensors here. Maybe battery issue or too far away from next repeater node?

If I only use battery powered Zigbee devices (e.g. sensors), I’m afraid that I will get some problems with reception. My remaining SmartHome components are mostly Z-Wave devices (except Philips Hue and Ikea Tradfri, both with their own bridge), so I don’t necessarily want to use another standard without repeaters.

Not in mine case.

Never had an issue with the Fib.Motion Sensors here. Maybe battery issue or too far away from next repeater node?

I wish my living room was that big. :slight_smile:

The sensor is about two meters away from Homey and they have a line of sight.

I started to switch all my z-Wave Devices from Secure to unsecure. The delays I had before are gone. Overall the Z-Wave is more reliable.

How can I change that? It might be worth testing.

I still have this big time, it just doesn’t see me. the sensor it seems. It worked before, but after changing battery, nope

hmm… maybe it is broken?

What you also could try is delete the device and re-add it unsecure. Might help, maybe not, no promises.

I tried… seesm to have done something, will get back to you :slight_smile:

I got a simular issue with my motion sensors…Just moved from Vera Edge to Homey Pro, and these devices has worked perfectly on my Vera. inclusion to Homey works fine , and i got all values , like temp ,lux etc. But after a while it stops reporting temp and lux. sabotage and motion sensor seems to work and get reported into the app. i have 4 of these devices and all behaves like this.
Anybody seen behaviors like this?

Hello,

I have 2 Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001 since a few days.

But I am not satisfied, motion sensor and tamper alarm freeze or do not go off.

Also the movement is not sent reliably to Homey, i.e. the light does not always switch on, if I get up in the morning the motion detector does not switch at all, then the whole day quite reliable, does anyone know advice?

Greetings

Philipp

Yes, I do have the same problem after upgrading towards 5.0.0
The fibaro motion sensor triggers the motion detection or the tamper alarm. Randomly one or two do not return to their cancellation ( so the orange exclamation mark stays active and the icon keeps on blinking.
I tried several settings in parameters, removing sensors and connecting them again without result. Looks like a small bug.
Bob Smits

Same here. Movement is stuck after update 5.0

Yesterday Athom released a new test version of the app.

1 Like

Before and after the installation yesterday of the 3.0.6 version I got a couple of tamper alerts (reported via Heimdall). This sensor never showed this behaviour before v5. I have removed the battery, triple pressed its button and set the sensitivity to 25 (was on 20). Have not received a tamper alert since (half a day). Possibly this has resolved my situation.

Some user had to exclude and re-include the motion sensor to fix the problem.

1 Like

Thanks,
This update seems to be working fine.
Bob

Yes, fresh reinstall of the sensors is necessary.
R
Bob

Had the same issue, but simply updating the Fibaro app solved it. I did not have to reinclude or anything.

I have not had a stick tamper alarm since last 19 hours. (update) And half an hour later I did get another one. Will exclude and include device again to check if that helps.