Fibaro Double Switch 2, how does multi-click (scene activation) work

I’m almost a complete newbie, and maybe i can’t find (or combine) the right info when installing my Fibaro double switch 2 (FGS-223), double pulse switch (B&J 2020 US-205) and two different devices (LED lamps).
This is more a gap in my knowledge then something that doesn’t work. I just don’t get some basic things which are pretty known to most of the people here, so it feels :wink:

Some context, this is what i thought when starting…

• Get a Fibaro double switch, because i want to turn 2 devices on/of with my homey
  • Get a double pulse switch, because my GF want to switch the old way

Got carried away, so got some ideas…

• Add sensors to flows to automagicly turn lights on/of
  • Learned about multi-click events with pulse-clickers

So i bought the hardware, removed the old switches, did a speed-course electricity, wiring and diagrams and connected everything to my best knowledge.

It looks like the first part is working. My LED devices can be switched by pulse-switch AND homey :+1:

But when i began working on multiple clicks with the pulse-switch, there are so much stories about events, scenes, switches which are coupled to scenes in stead of 2 devices, and so on!

Am i completely wrong, thinking a Fibaro double switch, combined with a B&J physical double switch should control 2 devices?
And what do the scenes mean, can multi-click only be triggered by one switch (Q1)?
For now multi-clicks don’t seem to work whatsoever.

Is there a simple tutorial, or other information source which can teach me this basic stuff?

scene activation, or as you call it multi click, can be done on both S1 and S2 (not Q1 or Q2, those are the outputs, not the inputs), the card is only on the S1 device cause that is the so called “main controller” device of the double switch, but it does have both cards for S1 and S2.

Then it works very, very easy, 1 click = 1 click flow trigger card, 2 clicks = 2 click flow trigger card, etc.
They will still toggle the corresponding output too, this is unfortunately not changeable, and a limitation of the device itself.

Do make sure you change the setting under advanced settings so the double switch knows that a momentary switch is connected, and not the default toggle switch.

Thanks for your reply! It cleared it up a little.
So if i understand it correctly, my scene activation is probably working, but because it’s also toggled of (2 clicks) it just looks life it is not working!

What will then be the best approach to do both (switch on/of and activate a scene)?
Because i can imagine it’s strange to click it once to turn it on, but don’t turn it off on the second click. Then there should be a “timeout” or something, before the switch will be available for turning off again :thinking:
And then the devices (lamps) shouldn’t be connected directly to the fibaro, but need an extra smart switch or something?

Activating a scene with double click = hit it like u mean it with 2 clicks within 1 second. The light won’t go off and scene will be activated.

That doesn’t work for me. It just turns off if i click it twice (or off/on if i hit it three times) very fast…

Must ask it: u did activate it in the advanced settings?

I think we’re getting somewhere…
No i didn’t… i only switched it to “kortstondige schakelaar” (i think that’s pulse switch?)… but don’t see anything else which i can/should activate…
What should i do in advanced settings?

Sorry, was mixing the dimmer and the switch.

@Jordy78 For me the FGS223 doesn’t activate any scenes, not for one-click, not for two-click, not for three-click. It seems to me there is a bug somewhere in the driver. I’ve tried also hardsettings paramters 28 and 29 to 1-byte size and value 15, but to no avail.

well it is working for me, so not a bug in the driver (both the fgs 213 and fgs 223).
Try re-including the device, maybe something went wrong during inclusion

I reincluded one. Still doesn’t work. Thx for your info Caseda. I’m using regular laters firmwares for 2.x How about you? When I migrate from Vera Lite to Homey, I’ll have 21+ FGS223 probably in Homey. But they must work a expected… :slight_smile:

21, pfew, don’t even have that amount of switches in my house :joy:.
Running the (ex)alpha version of the fibaro app, but nothing has changed for the fgs-2x3 for the longest of time.

Got 2 of both in my house, working as expected, could you enable the z-wave log in the developer tools and see if anything comes in at all when you press the switch?

Thank you for thinking along! I’ve made a seperate set-up with a new FGS223. I set parameters 28 and 29 with size 1 and value 15. And this one is working perfectly. I’ll try it later with the ones built in the walls. Thanks so far and for your time!

Node[59]: [COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE] {“Sequence Number (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[21]},“Sequence Number”:21,“Properties1 (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[0]},“Properties1”:{“Key Attributes”:“Key Pressed 1 time”},“Scene Number (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[1]},“Scene Number”:1}
2019-06-06T13:43:08.712Z

[2019-06-06T13:39:23.149Z] Node[59]: [COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE] {“Sequence Number (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[14]},“Sequence Number”:14,“Properties1 (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[3]},“Properties1”:{“Key Attributes”:“Key Pressed 2 times”},“Scene Number (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[1]},“Scene Number”:1}