Feedback on a Homey newbee's automation strategy?

No. Only during the Homey zigbee reset procedure the channel can change automatically.

I was refering to the TP-Link router. I doubt that it will adapt by changing channels if new 2,4 mhz devices are added after initial setup :slight_smile:

Ah I see.
I think wifi is not getting much interfered by zigbee.
Auto channel system probably measures the noise levels on a channel, and changes channels when it’s too high.

I agree on that the Zigbee controller is unlikely to cause any problems with the Wifi, its the other way around I’m concerned about. Since I don’t know the Wifi Channels nor can change them and The Deco will most likely don’t give a crap about the Zigbee 2,4 mhz noise :wink:

Indeed, while I think the 2.4GHz noise is too low for the Wifi to trigger the channel switching system.
In the worst case you’d sell this Wifi set, and buy one which can have channels set to fixed by the user. But you would lose money most probably.

Started adding devices to the 2:nd ZB-network yesturday and sofar so good. Having a bit of trouble with the range to the basement & garage so I will ivest in some Ikea repeaters and se if that does the job.
Did some googling for a new Wifi-Router and found a couple of routers with support for both Zigbee and Z-wave+. Interesting concept that should give no interference at all. I guess it needs to be set up as a Zigbee controller though, and then it’s not of much use (to me atleast)…

1 Like