[FeatureRequest] Select you own icon for a device

I want to add icons, pls!

Hi @Doekse,

I’m really glad that at least one Athom employee is now more or less active in the forum and answers some questions and concerns of us users. But what are the benefits of only talking or discussing it?

Using own icons is beside hiding devices and maybe some other too probably the most popular feature request:

And all these requests were liked and linked very often compared to other requests.

That’s why I think it’s Athom’s turn now.

Simply put, we are dedicated to creating beautiful icons that seamlessly integrate with the look and feel of our app. As time goes on, we’ll continue to design more icons to enhance your experience.

We welcome your requests and suggestions! :raised_hands:

Additionally, you can find the guidelines for creating icons within the SDK. Feel free to create and submit your icons here; if they align with our standards, I’ll gladly push them forward internally. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback and your compromise!

How can we submit own icons? Via the https://homey.app/support/ site?

I really hope not, but I guess you will get a lot of icons that won’t match the guidelines. This will result in unnecessary work for you. This could then be a reason to stop this option and we are at the beginning of the discussion again. :thinking:

You could drop them in this forum thread or send them to me via a private message, via our Community Slack would also work :wink:

1 Like

Still waiting for the Australian light switches but very exited.

I have a presence sensor - (which had to be added via applekit) and the only icon I can choose for it is a 1980’s IR sensor?

Like other posts I can only speak to icons which I have had to create workaround for, im sure there are plenty of others.

Lights
Garden Lights, sultan, par

Shades and Blinds
Slide across to open windows and Slide up to open windows, internal doors vs external doors, security doors, sliding doors,

Camera & Security
Just more camera types. Locks, Smart Locks, Door Locks.

Household Appliances
electric blanket, diffuser, humidifier, dehumidifier, food thermostat

Fans and Climate
(I dont care what it looks like inside the roof, we want to see a visual representation of what my wife sees)

ceiling fan (ie. not on pedestal) , exhaust fan, thermostat, there is fire thing a snowflake version and evap version would be great, split system (im currently using the sound bar…)

Audio
Smart Speakers, there are two minis under household but no ‘real ones’, siren

Multimedia
Android Mobile, Apple Mobile, Android Tablet, Apple Tablet,

Household
Maybe its just me but I dont even know what these are…
shower head, water tap, sprinkler,

Sensors
Huge Gap Here
presence sensors, motion sensors, smoke sensors, air quality, multi-sensor,

Alarms: Noise alarm, fire, heat, smoke.

People and Health
Male, Female, Androgynous, sleep sensor, blood pressure, thermometer, (move scales to here).

Below are icons suppplied by Athom - note some are over 5 years old and there was a ‘refresh’ a little while back. They are from the Hue App, Group App and Alexa App. Maybe a starting point.

measure_humidity
motion

2 Likes

Hello! I’m taking advantage of the topic activity to relaunch the subject of colored icons :blush:

What I said in 2021: “It should be possible to choose the icon in two states (ON or OFF), this would allow the icon to be colored when it’s active (like homekit or smartthings).”

Homey is a great box, but the interface quickly becomes austere with black and white icons.
It would be so much prettier and warmer with color!

So yes there are small activity vignettes, but this remains extremely limited… Putting aside the “custom upload” part, can we hope for color in the future?:pray:t2:

I see the Color as something complete different from this request for more or custom icons.

Pls create a Feature request here describing in detail what you want and what the implications are. I can move your posts including reply’s to that new Topic.

So users can comment for that specific feature and Athom can react (or not) and can decide shat they want to do.

1 Like

I would like to see these icons being added:

Fan (just the fan blades)
Water valve (not the fauset)
Circulation pump (for water pipes)
Power symbol for wattage sensors (a lightning maybe?)

and the list got bigger with the latest mobile App update…

Homey Mobile App Changelog | Homey

• Added a variety of new device icons.

(Edited to get it here readable)

2 Likes

Still a lack of motion and presence sensors and cameras :frowning:

Hopefully they will come soon

I agree that there always could be more variety, but those don’t work for you?

They are useful images … if you have a passive Infrared system from the 90s … which is what they are image of.

1990 alarm Infrared sensor - Google Search

They are not modern PIRs

They are not bullet, turret, dome or PTZ cameras.

Nor are they multi sensors,

Nor are they presence sensors.

My home isnt 30 years old, and I have spent a lot of time and effort making it ‘modern/smart’ so its pretty disappointing to then have it represented the latest mmwave sensors and 4k cameras by items which are older than windows 3.1

3 Likes

Duly noted :wink: