[FeatureRequest] Replace a device

In the (almost) 6 years I own a Homey, one of the most tedious activities is replacing a device with a new device of the same type. This happens rather frequently, especially for some brands (Quibino, I’m looking at you!).

It would be awesome if there was a feature to replace a device, or replace all flows and variables from one device (which may not longer be responding, and perhaps is not even present anymore in the device list), with another device that is either to be added, or is already added, but does not yet have any flows attached.

2 Likes

Agree,
something like [HOW-TO][Pro][Cloud] - Tool to FIX (advanced) flows after removing and re-adding devices but just in the WebApp or Mobile app with device Selection (also for removed devices with Cards in flows.)

Send Martijn a Cake! :birthday:

3 Likes

Sorry that’s way too technical for me. I prefer to design flows in a way that devices don’t / hardly need to be replaced.

Virtual devices in device capabilities goes a long way.

Use zones (activities, lights).

Maybe < groups > in certain places (still requires some replacing)

1 Like

Perhaps you should take a look at the script and thread @Dijker mentioned.
The device ID can also be found at Homey Developer Tools.

From there on it is not very much more than adding the old and new device ID in the script, run under Homey Developer Tools

The script in the first post of the link @Dijker mentioned has been constantly updated, so don’t get afarid of all the posts following the first post. :wink:

I agree that the how-to in the thread is a bit “clogged”, but once you get the hang of it it can save you a lot of time and effort! :slight_smile: