[FAQ][Advanced Flow] Infinite canvas. Infinite creativity

Use the Tag, while selecting / Hover over <= Black Arrow it Wiggels and turns Blue (Green Arrow <= )

Amazing!
Thanks a lot. That made my day.

Introducing advanced flow has raised one logical challenge - this condition looks quite logical and straight forward - however it’s not working.

Because after midnight first condition returns false because system thinks that time is before 23:00.
(there is workaround for that, but just wanted to highlight it)

1 Like

Did this really work with standard flows?
01:00 is before 23:00 always.
Better use “Between 23:00 and 7:00”.

Hello,

Does anyone also have issues loading the advanced flows in web version of Homey on iPad?
When I open an advanced flow I see the cards in it with a flash and then get presented with an empty canvas. Tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome but no solution there :frowning:

FAQ: Advanced Flow

Advanced Flows can be created & edited on a Mac or PC in the Homey Web App. Simply put, you need a bigger screen to truly enjoy Advanced Flow. You can however rename, favorite and delete Advanced Flows in the Homey Mobile App.

it is not designed for Touch

I know, but I have a touchpad (same as my mac) connected to my iPad so this should not be a problem. Screensize also isn’t a problem.

I tried on my Android pad with a connected mouse but was not able to draw connection lines between blocks. Even if open in desktop compatibility mode.
So looks like it will not work.

1 Like

Thank you for checking, well… then via desktop it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before sunrise would apply to the same day, seems logical that 23:00 is after sunrise.
I understand your usecase though, not sure if changing the logic would mess with peoples existing flows.

1 Like

You’re probably using the iOS 16, right?

This is not something of Advanced Flows, has always been like this and is IMHO the only right implementation. Otherwise, that condition would always be true. Because if 00:30 would be after 23.00, then 22:59 would then also still be after 23.00.
All those conditions apply to the current day. Easy to work around once you keep that in mind.

2 Likes

The delay card seems to be a flow stopper.
With this flow the “LED Ring” card is still started but the “Activate Flow” card, which is located behind the delay card, is no longer started.

PS
By the way, in the simulation all cards run through.
This seems to be a bug.

Question is, what behavior is desired?

How u know? :grimacing:

It’s a bug with image-masks in Safari (both on iOS 16 and macOS Ventura).

2 Likes

I think it should have to be ANY (or function), it is either the first OR the other, not both (All).

1 Like

Aaah thanks!

I was more thinking about logic like:

• before XX:YY is time interval which is less then XX - 12hours
  • after XX:YY is time interval which is less then XX + 12 hours
    all is regardless midnight

example before 7:00AM is everything between 19:00 previous day till 7:00,
after 7:00AM is everything after 7:00 and before 19:00 same day.

Same logic is for sunrise - from sunset prev. day till current sunrise.

But as I said - it’s nothing I’d like to change - current implementation is fine and I can live with it.

One thought/feature request about advanced flow.

It would be great if one could select different/multiple cards in the advanced flow and by right-click would have an option to open insight window of all the tags used in the selected cards. Or all the tags used in the entire flow.

This feature would blow my mind :exploding_head:

I have a flow that turns the sprinkles on/off and create a notification.
Therefore i use the tag for the device “turned on” which result in true or false.
Is it possible to change the true/false text to Yes/No? Maybe with homeyscript?