[FAQ][Advanced Flow] Infinite canvas. Infinite creativity

Use the Countdown app. Start countdown (10 min) on motion detection. When countdown reaches zero AND no motion detected, turn off light.

Been searching in several forums on AF but haven’t seen any idea on a loop? I’m trying to loop my AF until a logic is turned to “No”. Reason I want to loop is to make my lights flash with the “flash lights long” option in the hue app. This makes lights flash for 8 seconds. By looping I can make the lights keep flashing until the logic is set to “no” and not stop after 8 seconds.

In the live questionary yesterday (or maybe in the intro for adv flows) I saw them adding and cards where you could add code. Do you need to install HomeyScript for this?

Which app are you using for parsing json?

No app, just the new default flowcards for flow and logic.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s an app: https://homey.app/a/com.athom.homeyscript/

1 Like

Well in the exact example instead of starting the second trigger you could check with an “And” whether the light is on.

Second option would always be to store fired triggers in variables and reset them after processing.

I started an Adv. flow which starts itself after 5s, but they really built in a limit appearantly:
Screenshot from 2022-07-07 00-09-13

I tested Any card versus Delay(0sec) card and was expecting that the Any cards would stop all but the first signal, and that was correct.
But I expected the Delay(0sec) to let all signals go through but this did not happen. See my attached screen captured of the tests.
As you can see the behaviour is the same as for the Any card.
This must be a bug?!

Even without the delay only the 1 sec-signal is continuing.
Is this correct. Maybe I want the messages to be sent twice??

No by design within a Trigger all cards can start once,
So < ANY > = < Delay 0 Sec > = connecting all incoming directly to a < Condition or Action Card >

Not sure if I follow you.
I know that only one trigger is handled for each flow, but my flows only have one flow.
Do you mean that every action card can only be triggered once too, for each trigger?

1 Like

Correct!

Good to know.
I had a flow where I turn on 3 surveillance cameras.
If any of them failed I called a message-card from their error-output.
That will only work for the first failure.
Rewriting. :slight_smile:

From my point of view, this design is not a good decision, because:

1. This means ANY does not correspond really to the logical OR operator. The logical OR operator is used to combine operands in such a way that the expression returns “true” if at least one of the operands is true.

2. Every time you building a flow you have to be very carefull what intuitively should actually work and what is forbidden by design.

It’s a pity but of course not a big problem if you know it.

Correct,

Therefor it isn’t called an OR , they (Athom) created an ANY, that just triggers it output on the first incoming trigger of a pervious card.

So maybe start “Flip-Thinking

The evaluation of a condition can be True Or False, continuing a trigger in the upper or lower Niple :wink: (I L :heart:ve that one )

But Continuing al Lower Niple :wink: trigger isn’t True or False it is the result of an Evaluation that was False. Although it isn’t True or False on it’s own. Especially when it is delayed, then it can represent an evaluation of an equation back in time that was false or true (Upper ̷N̷i̷p̷p̷l̷.̷.̷. . path ) and you never know what that equation is now.

Look here:

Because What if Noooo was True? Then according to the first Condition it was True, Follow the upper Path… and a Second Later a trigger comes to the ANY and Flips it, and a second later something else put on the timeline.

PS: After playing a couple a weeks with it already my first posted Topic here ^^^ was also still comparing the ALL with an AND and the ANY with an OR. Start Flip-thinking :wink:

2 Likes

First of all, thank you for taking the time to create my personal flow example for this problem! :blush:

It’s true the logic of homey flows isn’t comparable with programming languages directly. Therefore we are able to create things visually faster and more intuitively. You see Flip-Thinking works already :rofl:

I see the timing problem and possible changes of condition in the sequence of a flow isn’t easy to handle.

But take care with the term niple, in times like this you/we are walking on very thin ice. :innocent: But I saw athoms presentation too, they will not be able to get rid of it :joy:

1 Like

One annoying thing I found is with tags created in the flow. If you use two logic “parse json as text-tag” cards both tags will be namned “created tag”. How to know which one is from what card if both cards are connected?

try it,
it wiggles…

Try how? Run test? Click on it?