Energy monitoring

Checkout this one from homewizard:

I don’t need any Smart Plug, @Menne_Talsma is the one who needs one.
But the question is, does the HomeWizard Energy Socket provide live data?

24 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds is 86400 seconds a day. :smile:

The Homewizard socket delivers instant information

“Does the HomeWizard Energy Socket provide live data?”

Yes, it does. Every second. :slightly_smiling_face:

Every second is (Way) better than INNR’s SP120

But I aim for 10 times a second (or faster)

Why? I mean, Homey isn’t the right platform to deal with such a frequency.

I am also curious why you would want 10 measurements per second? If it’s because of the max power usage. Know that the power safety is not blowing up right away when it exceeds the max power usage. It might be that it takes 1hour to blow up the fuse when exceeding by 500W.

The boyler, washer and dryer could each consume 2000Watt probably. But its very unlikely all 3 will turn on within 10sec from each other and consume full power directly. Take also in mind, that homey is not taking action within a second, but it will probably take 5 seconds to respond.

Create more safety. when washer or dryer is not consuming anything, boyler get’s power. When washer or dryer gets above 10Watts, turn boyler off.

Use the on from shelly
I monitor my washing machine and homey tels me when it is ready.

It is realtime

https://www.shelly.com/en/products/shop/shelly-plus-plug-s?_gl=1*1nihssa*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAiA9ourBhAVEiwA3L5RFuZd7aQOHSs1XCfNVBUu2mxtNS9-uMYxUGvilV7FSMyyfXiKpSzZkRoCJTAQAvD_BwE

Blockquote 1. To keep power consumption within a group under 3800W:
Due to some old wiring I my house, the boyler, the washer and dryer are one the same group. When either the washer or dryer is in use (using power), i would like the boyler to stay off for a while. So the circuit-breaker won’t flip-off. I want this As a failsafe for when i forget to turn the boyler off manually.

Just one remark - most of those smart devices use 10A relays, which means connecting high power device behind them (like boiler) can damage relay and burn it out (have first hand experience). Shelly has some pro devices with 16A relays which can handle up to 3,8kW in peak (theoretically).

@robertklep

Having a hard time understanding both quotes.

If devices are capable of providing real-time data, why wouldn’t Homey be the right platform for it?

To be clear: I do not need the data stored ever 1/10 of a second.
But when a device is switched on, I would like a “when power changed”-flow to start with 1/10 of a second. Is too much For Homey(pro2023)?

INNR Plugs say: max 2300W, my Boyler is 2000W which should be OK. I just want it to turn off as soon as the washer or dryer use power.

Homey flows are rate limited, so having a flow trigger 10 times per second will very likely cause it to be paused.

Never knew that. Thought B-characteristic circuit breakers were fast. But apparently I can overload them with 150% (3x2000 = 6000 Watt) for more than an hour before it pulls the plug…

But still, Its old wiring, It’s on my todo list.
Untill then… I’d like the boyler to turn off…

And I want my vacuum to turn on as soon as (with as little lag as possible) I turn on any power-device in my workshop.

Now, thx to this commuity, I’ve got multiple tips on good replacements for the Innr-sp120… I’ll try them, see how it goes…

So I think i’ll be okey then…I don’t need it to be triggered 10 times a second

I just need it to respond fast to the “when power changed”-property.
I’ve ordered a fibaro wall plug. We’ll see if (and how fast) it works.

thx

To Wrap this up…

My Table-saw and Router-table are now connected to Homey through the Fibaro Smart-plug.
A simple flow: When Power becomes more then 100W, then turn Vacuum on, and when Power becomes less then 75W turn vacuum of.

I dunno if I reach 10 times a second, but when I start the table-saw, within a second the vacuum starts!!

My Shop-life is easier now
Me happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes