Does anything get added to a flow variable that I can't see?

My flow is quite basic… it gets a tekststring from an URL and it posts it to another api.
Let’s say the text I get from the URL is: Today the sun will shine
When it passes this answer on to the API (with the newsheadline) I get a server error.

However if I copy paste the reply from the URL and hardcode it in the API post it works. I get the feeling something is added here that I can’t see. I also wrote the answer from the url call to a variable… but it just shows ’ Today the sun will shine’ and nothing else. So why does it not work when passing the answer along?

Off topic… why can i never add images to my posts? It always gets stuck at 100% when uploading.

Try a different browser. Try emptying cache and reload forum.

But, you can share links to your flows (instead of screenshots)

Web app: right click on a flow name, or click the [...] next to the name

Mobile app:
v6.x When you edit a flow, hit the square @ top right next to the cog wheel
v7.x Longpress on a flowname

Add log cards / notification cards to your flows. When you include the tag(s) used, you’ll have a better sight on what happens.
Standard flows have a bug: it adds a trailing whitespace to variable values in flow cards (reported it “100” years ago, but seems unfixable).
Try saving the flow in the web app once, this should fix it.

Hi Peter,
Yeah I tried the notification card route but somehow even in the notification it doesn’t show any whitespace or odd characters… even when i put quotes around it to see if there are any spaces;

“Today the sun will shine”

However when I pass this reply (without quotes) to the API I get the internal server error. If I replace the green reply with the text (copy paste) it works.

Got the image uploading to work in a different browser!

1 Like

Idk, but I get a 404 when running the GET card, so your POST request card will of course error with this [response] (Antwoord)
How did you test it?

Yes, the urls and apikeys in this example are replaced for security reasons.
The actual url does return data and the weird thing is… when I add a telegram message to it, it arrives fine on telegram. It just doesn’t seem to work with the API I am sending it to.
I tried removing the quotes in the API call, but it doesn’t make any difference.

If I replace #antwoord with a copy and pasted text from the telegram message I get from the same flow it works fine. The only thing I can think of is that #antwoord does contain some kind of character that upsets the Vestaboard API and gets filtered out by Telegram.