Darksky Weather App

Thx (nice nickname AtBom)

Any update about this?

It’s still in the process. For some reason athom thinks there is an invalid image in the repo. But there isn’t

1 Like

Just had a nice chat with mr Athom himself. I just published the app it should be available soon

2 Likes

I installed the store version :slight_smile:

Installed the app from the app store, added a device and followed teh instructions.
But I pasted the api key and the lengtegraad and breedtegraad, but I get an error:
“Could not find that PairSession”

I can imagine that it points to a wrong api key, but I copy/pasted it in.
What does it mean?

Mmm. I went a step back and tried to add a device again and this time it succeeded.

First time I made a typo and got that error message. I corrected that typo, but the error message does not go away. You have to take a step back and then try to add that device again.

Normally if that pair session message appears it means it takes to long for the device to be created. Luckily it worked for you :slight_smile:

Thanks for making this app.

I will using it for the windstootkracht and the zonkracht (windforce and solar power?) to then move the outside venetian blinds go up and down according to those tags.

I also see a chance to pump the solar collector pump faster or slower on the basis of the solar power. That could theoretically make the solar collector more efficient

All sorts of really useful stuff.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the app! The highest temperature and lowest, is this an expectation for the day? Or does it refresh automatically during the day?

It’s an expectation… and will change eventually.

I looks like that the start and end of the day is not our timezone.

I will have to check that. Can you tell me more about why you think this?

If you look at " hoogste dagtemperatuur" the temp displayed is not the highest temp today its a way to high.

Another small design issue the temp starts with highest and the time with the lowest. I prefer to present the lowest temp and time at the left side of the screen en the highest temp and time at the right side of the screen.

Hi Rob,

did you check if the coordinates are correct? If I look at my app the day temperatures are a bit high but if I check them with KNMI I have to say it’s in line. It happend to me that I swapped the longtitude and latitude while testing so I ended up checking weather info somewhere in africa.

Maybe post your lat/long coords so I can check myself what is going on?

I send you a PM with the lat/long

1 Like

Just updated the beta release in the store and it is waiting for approval now.

• Changed the label for the highest / lowest day temperature to expected highest / lowest temperature.
  • swapped the highest / lowest day temp times. To see this you need to remove and add the device again
  • Fixed the triggers in flows. Some triggers weren’t triggering if the value’s changed. This has been fixed
1 Like

Hi Jeroen,

I still on homey version 1.5.13 and I install the the dark sky app from the app store and I create a new device and then I want to specify the api key and the coordinates but I get a white screen I can’t fill in the api key and the coordinates.

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. It’s not compatible with 1.5 since I don’t have an 1.5 homey anymore

Ok thanks.
Then I need to upgrade to V2.

2 Likes