Connect Flic2 Hub & Buttons to Homey with Flic app

Thought I post the how-to with visuals on connecting my Flic Hub 2 LR with buttons to the Homey Pro. I forgot how it worked and the info/app was not clear at all - so here is a report of the “How I did it” for next time I forget :slight_smile: Hope you find it usefull too.

I AM NOT THE FLIC APP BUILDER, just a user… <

First I have Homey Pro, Flic Hub 2 LR and some buttons:
Have the Flic Hub and buttons up and running.
Add a button to the Flic hub.

• if you add a Button to the Flic hub give it a simpe name, no spaces.
  • add as actions the HTTP “Internet Request” and save it for now

Install the Flic app on Homey Flic App for Homey | Homey

Add the Flic APP:

Install the Flic APP

See and add your Flic HUB connection (which is a button)

Click - goto the added “device” first menu option (bottom) it shows button actions

Click - goto settings right top corner
Name the button, add it to a zone, change icon etc.
Click - goto advanced settings
Now here you see the webhook addresses generated that we need to copy later into the HTTP internet request setting of the Flic button action later

• Have the Flic Hub button app open next to your Homey app (to switch easy)
  • Add the exact name where it says “Pending” of the button you setup in Flic
    Save it all

Repeat this step for each action you want to define on the button (click, double…):
-Switch to the Flic Hub app and open the button you named in Homey
-Select the action and copy paste the full webhook line from Homey app settings to the Flic Hub Button “Internet Request” line settings. Make sure you select and copy the FULL webook, standard it selects just a part (if needed copy it first to Notepad to check - the URL should look like this:

https://webhooks.athom.com/webhook/[uniquecode]/?id=[uniquecode]&action=click&flic=1

Set the action to POST and save/close it

Now you can

• select your defined Flic Button and the action as part of a flow
  • use the button UI in Homey or click the actual button
  • it seems the button history in Homey does not work/show (in my case)

Feel free to update or suggest improvements or other tips.

[END]

1 Like

With Homey pro update v7.2.0 i now get an error when testing the button in Homey. It reports a red alert:

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘trigger’ of undefined

This to me seems like an SDK integration error due to updates? I reinstalled the button and it gave the same error.

Hi Dennis,
Did you find a way to resolve the error?
I have the same now after I moved to a new house (with the same flic, homey, etc.).
Many Rhanks! Alex

I also didn’t get it running. But thee is no need for it too. Webhooks work great with homey.

Also posted this on the flic community, but maybe a reply on this topic can also be helpful…

Hi,

I have two flic buttons which I want to use to connect control devices or flows on/in/connected to my Homey Pro (2023). I do not have the flic hub, but installed the flic app on my iPhone. As far as i understood, my phone can also be the “hub”.

I was able to pair the buttons in the iPhone app, and also installed the flic app on the Homey Pro. Furthermore I followed the instructions on this page to connect the webhooks:

However, I have a question and an issue where someone might have answers to:

Question: can I connect the flic button directly to the Homey without having my phone nearby to use it? Eg, if I am not at home, can anyone else use the flic button to start flows or control devices paired to my Homey? That is something that I was not able to find anywhere.

Issue: when I use the iPhone app to “click”, I am able to start flows or control devices paired to my Homey. But clicking the actual button does not do a thing. It flashes green when I push the button (while my phone is within a few centimeters). Unfortunately, nothing is triggered on the Homey if I push the button itself. What am I doing wrong? Anyone?

Thanks!

Is this a typo Dennis? Shouldn’t it be GET (an URL with arguments) as opposed to POST (arguments in request body (source))?

Btw, a great post, Dennis. Ever considered moving it to “Tutorials”?

HI all, I am sorry if I do not reply with helpfull follow up answers here to my initial “experience documentation” on Flic config. I personally stopped using my Flic setup so I cannot test any (new) issues. I also have not checked my “experience documentation” based on latest Flic or Homey API’s and configs since.

Feel free to extend and improve the help info here. But I cannot provide Flic improvements here anymore. Sorry and thanks

1 Like

The official reply I received from flic was:

That “Flic App” plugin in Homey is not an official one by us. It appears to simply set up a web hook which can then be triggered as a normal http request.

We already have our own Homey integration directly inside the Flic app which is able to execute scenes/flows in a Homey, by authenticating the Homey user inside the Flic app.

If you have a Flic hub, then clicking the button will still work if the person with the phone leaves the house.

Currently, there is no good way to connect a Flic button directly to the Homey device. We did some attempts some time ago together with Homey but their Bluetooth stack was not good enough to handle triggering devices.

Hi,

Maybe someone knows this. Sinds 2 days I have problems with the Flic buttons and Flows. I am using the Homey integration in the Flic app and it was working fine, but sinds 2 days I have problems. Flows are not started. I see in the Flic app that the button is pushed but notting is activated.

When I deleted the push actions and add the push action the flow is working fine but after a day or 2 it is not working. Have someone this problem or a fix?