Chromebook

Does anyone know if/how the Homey app runs on a Chromebook? Any limitations? Screenshots would be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

The web app (my.homey.app) should work.

To specify, I was wondering about the regular Android app from the play store.

The device should be produced from 2019 and up

As both Android & Chromebook are Google products, I’d be very surprised if the Homey app doesn’t run on the Cbook.

But I understand if you want ‘proof’ of Cbook owners to be shure

I think you are right and I don’t doubt that it will run. But, with the upcoming dashboard function in mind, I would like to know that it will run in full screen like it does on a phone or a tablet, and not in a frame, like I know some apps that are not optimized do.

I see!
You can drop a note in the podcast topic, because the upcoming Homey dashboard are / were discussed in there.
I’m under the impression the dashboard is web based instead of app based, so it can run on different device types.

I though it was the opposite. That the dashboard was a part of the app, and NOT web based.

Awesome to see a fellow Chromebook user, used to work on the Chromebook team at Google before I joined Athom :wink:

You can easily install the Homey App through the Google Play Store on your Chromebook. You’ll get the same experience as you would on an Android phone or tablet, including full access to dashboards.

1 Like

Thank you! Not a Chromebook user yet, but considering it for multiple purposes. So now that I know it can host the dashboard, I’ll probably go for it :ok_hand:t2: One of those that detaches from the keyboard and functions like a tablet :grin:

Thanks, Abe. jtbs: Will the dash be web based as well?

1 Like

I use the Lenovo Chromebook Duet 5 at home, amazing little thing with the OLED screen. The HP Chromebook X2 or the Lenovo Chromebook Duet 3 are also great options :raised_hands:

Great advice. Was looking at the Duet 3, but perhaps the screen will feel a bit small. The Duet 5 doesn’t seem to be available here in Norway :thinking: