Check if zone has been inactive for more than X minutes

Anyone know if there’s an option to check how long a zone has been inactive for? There are several use-cases for me.

I have some flows that will turn on all lights (by design). There’s no way to check if the zone was active in the last X minutes in order to limit some of the zones.

One would think it would be fairly easy to add an “AND zone has been inactive for > x minutes” flowcard :thinking:

Yes, there are WHEN cards already for the zones.

1 Like

When there is no card that realizes your use case at once, you will have to do some more programming. When you describe your use case a little more, we can think about a solution, which might be quite easy.

For example: when zone has been inactive for 15 minutes set variable to yes. And then test this variable.
Or you check if a lamp in zone is on.

1 Like

Not as “and”-cards. I cannot use the “when”-cards for this.

Hmmm…so basically set up variables for each zone and trigger a flow for every 5 minutes of inactivity up 'til 30 minutes or so, and then do a logic comparison? Hmmm…Interesting solution :slight_smile:

Or setup separate timers for each zone, that starts when becoming inactive.

Then use timer values for comparison.

1 Like

Could the app I recently launched be of any solution to you? It adds the condition (AND) flow card “The zone… has been inactive for at least 10 minutes.”

@Erikvl87 , really high hopes of your app. Hope it functions as intended, as the Homey-built-in-functions does not. Maybe you can make a support topic for the app in this forum?

1 Like

@Marius_Stensrod Thank you for setting such a high bar! I hope my app will meet your expectations. I do plan to set up a support topic for the app soon, but right now, my focus is on the GitHub repository. Balancing my time has become crucial, especially since I recently became a father, so managing support in one place (GitHub) is more practical for me. If you have any requests or suggestions, please reach out via an issue at Erikvl87/nl.erikvl87.zoneactivity: Enhance your Homey flows by adding conditions based on zone (in)activity. (github.com)

1 Like

@Erikvl87 , first of all, congratulations! I understand the time issue. Then GitHub is good enough. I will test your app and report issues at GitHub :ok_hand:

1 Like