Ceiling fan

Hello, I am looking for a silent ceiling fan that works with Homey, does anyone know one?

Thanks in avance

After a quick research in the App Store, I found about 9 HP23 supported apps and 2 apps for HP19 and earlier for ceiling fans.
However, there are different types of support. Some apps support a specific type of ceiling fan, some apps support switches for ceiling fans. The apps also use different protocols, e.g. Cloud, Zigbee, Z-Wave, LAN.

The test version of the official Tuya app (link) supports generally fans and ceiling fans. So if a ceiling fan is compatible with the Tuya Smart or Smart Life app for iOS or Android, then it should also be supported by Homey.
But as some devices are not yet fully supported in the official Tuya Homey app, it is best to check the relevant app topic beforehand → Tuya has officially joined the “Talks With Homey” program

If a ceiling fan is silent or not, please check the specifications.

Thanks for this but I can’t find a ceiling fan

*1 The in-wall switches and controller can be used to operate normal ceiling fans that cannot be operated via IR or RF. However, please check the specifications in the manuals first, which ceiling fan can be used!

Thanks for that many work you did but I think you mis understood me.
I,am looking for ceiling fan that is ready for homey.
I dont wanna need some third applications to let work
I want a ceiling fan that works out of the box

Nothing works “out of the box” in homey, you always need an App.

Yes sorry I understand that but iam looking for a brand like Philips hue that work with a app and I dont need another hardware

Maybe you should provide directly more information when you ask a question!!!

How do you imagine this? Every ceiling fan that I know of is operated via a switch or a remote control (IR or RF), or via WiFi.

If the HP23 is within range of the ceiling fan, then a ceiling fan can possibly be controlled with the IR interface of the HP23. However, I think the chances are rather low:

In addition, the local situation is also important. Therefore, no one would be able to recommend an IR ceiling fan to you, I guess.
The chances are much bigger with 3rd party IR hubs. First of all, they usually have a much stronger IR signal, secondly, they can be positioned better and thirdly, they usually support more devices than Homey.

However, Tuya WiFi compatible ceiling fans don’t need any additional hardware. They just need to be connected to the home WiFi network and the Tuya Cloud account via the Tuya Smart or Smart Life app. Then they can be controlled via the Tuya Homey app via WiFi. But I had already mentioned it in my first post
 :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I thank you very much
I take a lesson out of your advice.

I use the brand CasaFan with wifi capability. And via the tuya app I can control the fan in Homey. Works perfect👌

I have a Create Ceiling fan. With wifi protocol. The Create app is based on the Tuya app. Since Athom made the ‘Tuya App’ I now have it connected to Homey. Altough there is a ‘ceiling tile’ within this app, this doesn’t work. I have used the ‘onbekend tile’ (‘unknown tile’). I managed to create a flow in combination with the ‘virtuele apparaten’ app.
It switches ON based on the temperature in my bedroom and it switched to a higher / lower level based on the increasing or decreasing temp.

1 Like

Pls do request for support for your specific fan:
https://github.com/athombv/com.tuya/issues/new?template=device-request.yml

1 Like

Thanks for your reaction but those are very expensive fans.
I,am gonna try something else I ordered one with remote, and I still have mine harmony ultimate so I,am gonna try to learn the buttons

And then mine harmony in Homey

1 Like

You mentioned you want “a silent ceiling fan”. I have to mention you that the Create fan has 6 speed levels. I feel the wind at level 1 (It hangs above me while in bed) but I do not hear a thing. At speed 6 I have to hold on to the roof.

1 Like

Hello Rogier

I have bought a Create ceiling fan but that one is over wifi.
Offcourse I tried it with the Homey Tuna app there a several but non of them find the fan.
I also tied to get them first in the tuna and the smart home app on mine phone but they both dont find the fan.
I onleuk can get him in the create app but that app isn’t also available in Homey.

So can you please give me further information how do you get this Creativee fan in Homey,

With the best regards

This here is the app, @Rogier_Verheugen is referring to: Tuya App for Homey | Homey

And in the App Store there are already some informations how to connect a Tuya (compatible) device to Homey:

There is also a dedicated app topic about the official Tuya app where you can also ask for help:
[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

Just wanted to mention it

1 Like

Hi Xallias,

Like Dirk says. Official Tuya app made by Athom. Do not use the ‘fan’ tile (doesn’t work) but the ‘unkown’ tile

Thanks for the help he is in homey mow but unreachble?