Cannot include Aeotec Garage Door Opener

I can confirm that its working correctly in the 1.6.7 version for me.

Hi Guys,
Another fellow Aussie here, I bought my Homey from Brad @ smarthome.com a week ago to replace another bricked Vera (3rd), good experience.
Still in two minds about this thing as there is a fair bit missing that I could do in vera (Aeotec devices worked, camera support, more than zero of my smartplugs worked, backups, Wemo wall switches worked etc).
I like the device itā€™s self and that may be enough in the end. In regards to the Australian device ids though, could this issue be that simple? I have 6 of these things and they just pair as generic devices.

thanks
Luke

@Luke_Fairbank hey mate, the Aeotec App is currently undergoing a major overhaul and is currently in Alpha for testing (and all Aus devices are being dealt with)ā€¦ Beta (public) should not be too far away. When you say ā€œ6 of these thingsā€ā€¦ Which ā€œthingsā€ are we talking about?

Hi Brad,
That would help,
Aeon labs smart dimmer 2nd edition.

I had the same problem as @Tony_Burn. I had initially exact same issues. When connecting I had to have Aeotec next to Homey within 10cm. Then connection was established in a snap.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Aussies, Homey, Aeotec and Garage donā€™t seem to fall into the same discussion very often at all! For those with the Aeotec Garage Door Controller Gen 5, what garage door motor are you using? I have a B&D PanelPro and found that if I used ā€œbarrier ccā€ the door would open but jam when closing. It works fine using the B&D controls. If I switch to ā€œhail ccā€ then it goes up and down but doesnā€™t seem to report status so gets out of sync if anything other than the app operates the door. Any insight? Iā€™ve already tried re-pairing the tilt sensor and recalibrating the door travel. Thanks

Iā€™m experiencing the exact same Issue. Did you find a solution?

Yup. I bought an iSmart opener instead.

Do you use it via IFTTT?

My main ecosystem is Apple HomeKit. iSmartGate works natively with that. I mainly use Homey to link all my Aeotec switches with that.

I see. Do you know if itā€™s possible to ā€œintegrateā€ this to Homey, perhaps using HomeKit? I would like Homey to know if the garage door is open or closed, so I can trigger events based on this status. The actions of closing and opening could be done using IFTTT.

I assume so, as HomeKit integration is a two-way thing. I havenā€™t tried it though. Youā€™d need to be either using the Homey HomeKit experiment, or one of the HomeKit apps.

Hi,
Did you mnage to hook up the ismartgate to Homey? I too have the ismartgate, but having trouble finding out how to hook it ut. It works fine in homekit. cheers :slight_smile:

Sorry Lennyboy, I never even tried to get the ISmartgate into Homey. I use Homey to get a few z-wave switches to talk to my HomeKit setup. As iSmartgate does this natively I let it and Homey ignore each other. Good luck though.

No worries, thanks for replying though :slight_smile:

I had the same issues, I have hooked it up directly to home assistant now and it works perfectly. Opens and closes everytime and reports correct status. I donā€™t think itā€™s the opener as much as the implementation