Broken spotify App

Hello

since a few weeks, I’m no more able to cast music by homey using Spotify app on spotify connect devices.
All was ok, and suddenly it does not work anymore, except occasionally…

Errors are ‘Rate limited’ or Device not found.

When this happends, i’m still able to use my phone to send the music using the same account to the same device (using spotify connect feature).

Homey support told me that the problem is on Spotify side…

Am i alone to be blocked by this ?
Do some of you manage to make Spotify work even without this app ? My son really likes the pushbutton that launches his music during shower time :wink:

Thanks for ideas or help :wink:

1 Like

I have the same issue every day. Sometimes restarting the Spotify app on Homey fixes it, but it is far from stable. I use Spotify on an Onkyo receiver.

Does this happen with your own playlist and playlists from spotify themself. I had a not homey app which copied new numbers towards a playlist from myself. This suddenly stopped working because Spotify banned thus feature. Maybe there are more changes spotify made?

in my case i use my playlists. With Homey app you always have to specify what to play. i do not see playlist made by Spotify there.

As Tycho said, a restart from the app solves the problem temporary.

Same for me.
Rate limited error comes quite often and I barely can control my Bose 700 Soundbar.

Is there any news for a fix? With this Rate Limited it is very hard to use this APP.

1 Like

Please report this to Athom, incl a diagnostic report.
There are more users with the same problem (me too), but Athom usually only acts when more users report the same problem.

https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

They say it is because Spotify changed their api

They should publish the SourceCode.

It‘s not spotifys fault, it‘s bad programming from Athom

It seems that the problems with the Chromecast App reflects on Spotify too.
If you restart the Chromecast app, does that fix the Spotify connections too?

not on my homey :frowning:

Restarting Spotify or Chromecast does not allow spotify to be managed by Homey (connect feature on panasonic devices).

Sorry, what do you mean here?

Restart does not solve the problem :wink:

Rate llimit means that too many api commands are sent under a specific app ID. Making the app open source will not fix that at all. Just saying.
It is that the rate limit needs to be raised for the app on spotify end. So ask Athom for help or convince other users to stop using the app so you can use it without rate limit error again :wink:

1 Like

Or use it with my own developer id:)

yes we could use our own app id, we just need the way to give this info to the app

Yes, of course. But a solution suitable for everyone, even non tech savvy users would be the better approach still :smiley:

1 Like

Be confident, in Home assistant forum they use this app id solution, with a detailed how to… it’s possible to implement for a non developer.

Well, it should be easy going for anyone who is able to configure HA. No questioning that.
But you missed my point :smiley: No offense taken, no offense either