Brel, bi-directioneel

Doesnt work with harmony. I’ve bought a Brel Hub and hoping Athom or Brel work it out

Dus the brel hub not working yet ?

Not with Homey.

Ik had mijn vraag ook al in een ander topic gesteld, maar bij deze een ‘herhaling’.

Bidirectional wordt nog niet ondersteund door de Brel app, denk ik?
Is het mogelijk om via Homey → Google Home → Brel Home Hub de gordijnen aan te sturen?

Wij willen graag TDBU plissé gordijnen en de Brel motor is qua prijs wel interessant.

I asked Brel, they noted that they made all adjustments. And are waiting on homey:

"Dit zou eigenlijk al geïmplementeerd moeten zijn.

Het kan maar zo nog een half jaar duren. Aangezien ze bij Homey erg druk zijn."

Then I asked homey:

“zoals Brel ook al aangeeft zijn we op het moment erg druk met Homey zelf, en hebben we beperkte capaciteit. We doen ons best om alles zo snel en goed mogelijk te updaten, maar kunnen niet voorkomen dat er vertragingen ontstaan bij het implementeren van (nieuwe) apparaten. Mijn excuses voor het ongemak”

So it’s in Homeys roadmap.

I think all you can you is ask homey to give it a +1 in their priority meetings.

Since this is a rather nasty issue.

Great news!
Had contact with Brel if they could add the home hub to homey. They said:

'We hebben opdracht gegeven om een API voor de Homey Athom te maken.

Dit zal ongeveer na 3 maanden klaar moeten zijn.

Als dit gelukt is dan zal dit op onze site te lezen zijn.’

They are going to make an API, it should be ready in 3 months. When it is done they will announce it on their website

2 Likes

I also just received the confirmation from Brel.
They gave the go for the API to Athom and paid the invoices for it. Should take approximately another 2 months before it’s finalized.
Do take care: You will need the Brel Home Hub to connect it to Homey. Directly from Homey to the motors will not work.

2 Likes

Do you know why they cannot communicate with a bi-directional motor directly?

I guess homey has all the necessary radio’s on board.

How expensive would the hub be?

Is there already some news about connecting the Brel hub to homey?
Today I found a way to trigger a scene from the Brel hub in a Homey Flow.

After watching this movie:

Setup is not difficult but unfortunately you need some apps between homey and the Brel hub. I see this as a temp solution.

Homey flow starts IFTTT. In IFTTT you can trigger a routine in Amazon Alexa via mkZense app. Alexa can trigger a Brel home scene. IFTTT and mkZense offers 3 triggers for free.

Let’s hope that the Brel hub will be integrated soon in homey.

1 Like

Can’t you talk via an http request to the hub? That would make it easy…

Are th API specifications available?
I hope Homey / Brel will come with a new app soon where you can also check the level of the battery for example.

Is there some news yet on this topic?

We’re considering buying Brel bi-directional shades with the hub. In the app-store I don’t see the hub at the supported devices so I think they are still working on it?

Would you go with Brel bi-directional or 3-wire-motor with Fibaro Roller Shutter controller?

I have been in contact with Brel today. they expect to have a new version of the app by the end of the month.

1 Like

End of the month as in may? :blush:

I think so

I also had contact with Brel today with the same message. The app should be done by the end of the month! With two people e-mailen at the same time they know there are people waiting :wink:

Outside solarscreens? I’m currently mounting them myself. It saves a lot of money if you need a retailer I can point you in a good direction

It is for our indoor screens. Thanks for the response! But I have already made up my mind and bought 3-wire brel motors with fibaro roller shutter 3 controllers.

It’s currently in production so no experiences yet!

Okay no problem! Next time tag me or reply then I’m notified

The App is done and currently in a testphase. I asked to put it in Bèta and let the community test also.

5 Likes