Bond bridge intigration

Hi,
Is there any possibilty to connect Homey pro to Bond Bridge?

Since I can’t look inside your head :partying_face:, please provide some useful info, like product links and such and which Homey PRO model

I am also interested in this, as I have my fans and blinds already configured

homey Pro 2023 and URL to the product Bond Bridge | Bond

Hi danwnz, welcome.
For app requests, it’s best to request it here
https://request-a-brand.homey.app/boards/request-a-brand
And/or here

I’m probably going to build/write the Bond API Integration app for Homey. If you’re interested, follow along here, as having testers will be good

1 Like

Good progress made…

App is finished and available in the App Store

1 Like

You are awesome! Thank you! I planning on selling my bridge Pro thinking i could port my remotes to Honey but some of them aren’t compatible with the accepted frequency. Just curious, is there any possibility of including the Smart by Bond Smart Fans? Or any way to add another local token since those fans don’t want to be added to the bridge :confused:

But seriously thank you!! :smiley:

Do they connect in the same way as the Bridge but per fan (eg if you have several of them would it be a per device IP address and token)???

Unfortunately. It’s probably because they can connect to the network on their own and not need the bridge because when i try adding it to the app, it doesn’t make any reference about my bridge at all but they’re on the dashboard and able to be controlled.

On the about page they have separate tokens. Not unless im just not adding them properly or adding them in a different way.

Yes, so that looks like the fans are mini-bridge devices that I would need to create a different app for (I think)

Let me think about it and read the Bond API

1 Like

That’s more than I could ever ask for. Thanks! =)

I’ve been meaning to familiarize myself with the API for reasons such as this but I keep getting sidetracked and forget all about it.

Okay, after looking further, it would require another app - Smart By Bond - and my only challenge would be that I don’t have one of these devices to test/confirm it works correctly.

@Jamie_Ignacio would you be willing to connect privately to determine if we can sync up and build / test as a team? Send me PM to discuss if you have the time and resources to get your hands a little dirty

I got all my fans imported into Homey Pro. It looks like each fan has the same token. However when I try to turn them on, I get an error message “Could not get device by ID” Any thoughts on how to fix this? I am also willing to test new versions of the Bond App.

Can you confirm you are using a Bond Bridge ?? This app has only been tested against the Bond Bridge and won’t work correctly against Smart By Bond (SBB) devices.

Yes I am using BOND | Add WiFi to Ceiling Fan, Fireplace or Motorized Shades | Works with Alexa, Google Home | Remote Control with App | Works with iPhone or Android https://a.co/d/0yDqW5W

Cool, so that’s a Bond Bridge and I’m assuming you’ve add the App, then (before you added any devices to Homey) you first added the Token to App in Settings, and tested that that it works and got the Valid Token :-) status ??

After you get to that stage, ONLY THEN can you add the fan devices into Homey.

Yes that worked and the fans were imported.

Get BlueMail for Android