Best practice for +80 zigbee devices

Hey everyone,

I’ve been looking for a good way to set up a large zigbee network for a while. Unfortunately so far I have run into the limits of Homey (Pro). Temperature sensors sometimes stop updating for hours. Drama with the automatic air conditioning and heating system. Rooms are very cold or too hot because the sensors report too slowly. So I’m looking for a good way to get and keep things working and stable. For example, does it make a difference if I keep the lights on zigbee and renew the sensors with zwave? Or does not that matter? Hopefully you have good ideas.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Wow, I thought 61 zigbee devices was sort of “the limit” :upside_down_face:
I think it is a good idea to build a zwave mesh network (mains powered devices as well as certain 5V usb powered devices) as well, and replace some zigbee devices by zwave devices.
As an alternative, you could consider adding a Hue bridge (if your zigbee devices are compatible with it), and build a second zigbee mesh network with it, by moving f.i. some lights to the Hue bridge. The devices can be controlled by the Hue (with the bridge) app.
Make sure you have enough zigbee routers (f.i. lights) left on Homey itself throughout the building, for a stable connection to the temperature sensors.