Best power plug to measure energy usage

I indeed have the BlitzWolf BW-SHP6’s. I only use them for power measurement in combination with their app. I haven’t had any issues with them. They look pretty well built. It has an ESP8266 and with some nerding you can flash them with Tasmota. Not sure whether power measurement is possible with Tasmota though. Compared to for example Fibaro they are very cheap.

Z-wave or Zigbee, the plugs will act as repeaters. So just think which of the protocols would benefit for some more repeaters.

1 Like

Hi @Blarp,

Did you manage to get the Gosund sp111 working with Homey? That is switching and kWh power metering? Which App do you use within Homey?

Can you tell me how you got it working?

Thx!!

Greetings, Hemertje

Hi use a bunch of those gosund sp111, great little devices and flashed them with tasmota, but I don’t use homey anymore. Maybe somebody else can help you.

Hello,

but you did use the Gosund if I read you correct?

With which App did you use them?

This one: https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/app.homey.espurna/ESPurna/ ?

Without any modifications?

HI,

Same question , which best app to use Blitzwolf SHP6 with homey ?i try with “tuya”, in sniffing my network to obtain an uuid and a token but doesn’t work…

The Aqara/Xiaomi app support the Xiaomi Smart Plug now. Which has energy measuring capabilities. I have one on the wat. Going to try them out. It was around 20 Euro’s on aliexpress.

I also have Plugwise Plug. Which I have connected through my Plugwise Adam hub (directly to Homey works as well). These plugs are 40 Euro, have energy capability and the full 3680W support. Quite pleased with it.

1 Like

Keep me posted on the Ali support :blush:

It is already supported. See the Xiaomi/Aqara app’s device list.

Can’t find it anywhere else. Are you sure these Xiaomi power plugs will measure energy? are you talking about this one:

So for instance, it can recognize when my mobile phone is charging through this smart plug, following which I can make a flow from that?

For instance: IF phone is charging (due to higher energy measuring), THEN mark Joris as “sleeping”.

IF phone is not charging (due to lower energy measuring), THEN mark Joris as “awake”

Thanks for the help!

I personally don’t own that one. I have this one: € 18,49 10% Off | Euro Versie Xiaomi Mi Smart Wifi Socket Plug Zigbee Eu Plug Multifunctionele Gateway Wifi App Controle Alexa en Google Assistent

It measures energy

I came here for this question too. But I have an other thing. To avoid extra costs I thought it would be clever to use one smart plug for two devices.
It should be quite simple to learn the electricity thresholds for wash only, dry only, wash and dry.
I want to make a notification when the wash or drying is finished.

Problem: not every plug can handle the volts, amperes or watts of those two machines.

To save costs, yes. But for your safety, I would reconsider that. It would require one of those special extension cords which can alternate between washer and dryer to prevent overloading.

Dryers are already the number 1 when it comes to electrical firehazards in the house. I would strongly advise against going cheap on a smart plug in this case. Better to get 2 plugs with separate sockets, but your house might not have two sockets there.

A Plugwise Plug can handle the maximum a socket is rated for: 3620watt and 16 amps. I do not consider Xiaomi a product I want to push to its limits.