Belkin wemo support stopped?

Disregard, I found what I was looking for.

Good to hear :slight_smile:

Hello, since V5 upgrade, wemo app is not anymore compatible and doesn’t work! I tried to do differently with IFTTT but since we need to pay, i can choose only already configured flows with IFTTT free version :’(

Would there be a beautiful soul able to help me? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking here the app is discontinued!

Guess it’s time to move on to Sonoff/Tasmota for all plugs then :slight_smile:
I liked the Wemo’s because they were the first Wi-fi smart plugs i had.
However I’ve always experienced instability either by devices not being discoverable occasionally or simply just not reacting.
I have never had any issues with Sonoff in that regard. The Sonoffs are also 10* as cheap :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, but i asked myself if a developper could take back the project :joy:

I will have to do the same thing as you, my wemo sockets worked well with Homey v4 but Homey v5 burried them!
I think i will wait the black friday to buy a “xiaomi mi smart socket” with measure meter because ted’s app support it :slight_smile:

Hi,
I’m new here and I appreciate any kind of support regarding how to side load Wemo app to Homey pro.

I see this topic is quite old but I’m hopping for any kind of support that put me i right direction. I have also tried to find a useful homeyscript without any luck.

Anyone who know how to sideload or any working script to use to be able to use the Wemo switches?

Thanks in advance.

[FIXED]

This post is very old but for those like me who still have Belkin Wemo devices it can be interesting. To use them in homey I adopted the following workaround:

1 Register in IFTTT (free version have included 2 applet max) and download the app on Homey, and register Homey on IFTTT and register Belkin Wemo on IFTTT too.

2 created any flows in homey with WHEN “This flow Is started” then “Run Applet ANY NAME” for example “Turn On Wemo” and anothers with any action you need from Wemo.

3 Wait for Flows to be available in IFTTT and create any Applet with “when” and select homey flow, already create, then action on Wemo action you need.

4 At this point you can make a flow that executes the flow created earlier to perform the action at the Wemo.

The game is done.
If you need more details or the explanation isn’t exhaustive, just ask.

:love_you_gesture:

IFTTT as a workaround it not ideal as you can’t control the devices locally.
There is a lot of chatter going on with building your own IoT devices using microcontrollers like the Pico W which they are simulating a Wemo so it could be easily hooked up to Alexa. I’ve played with this myself and got it to work but ideally I want to do something simular with Homey altough to be honist emulating a Wemo sounds like it might not be a good idea as it’s been mentioned in these discussions as not very reliable as of now but I’m interested to see if there are any plans to try again or what’s suggested for microcontrollers?