Battery monitor

@Peter_Post There’s a bug in Homey Core.
As far as I know: Athom (WeeJeWel) already dealt with it and the next Homey release will (probably) contain the fix.

This is all catched by @Jamie and a temporal solution can be found here:

1 Like

Thanx Harrie. It’s working again

Same here, thanks!

@HarriedeGroot, would it be an option to add all the battery powered devices that show only ‘OK’ or ‘ALARM’ status?
My Visonic Powermax is connected to the homey and the alarm-sensors only show the battery-level as OK or NOT OK (or something alike)

Dunno if it makes sense :slight_smile:

Would not fancy that. Some devices (mostly Fibaro) don’t last long enough to raise the alarm, they just “die” after 80% to 60%. So they would only show OK and never ALARM. In these cases it is very convenient to see the remaining battery level to have an indication they are about to get empty.

@Peter_Hendrix Sorry, I’ve no plans in adding this functionality. Feel free to add it yourself and create a pull request.

Is it possible to add Nuki battery status?

Nuki doesn’t supply the battery in percentages through the API I think, there is only a parameter “battery alarm” which is true or false.

Homey Energy is live and I got my cake (thanks Athom!).
So I suppose the battery monitor app can be declared deprecated.

4 Likes

So next challenge: backup and recovery? So Athom can steal that one too?

Please not yet. 3.0 is not stable until it has proven to be stable… :stuck_out_tongue:
Already too many reports of problems after update…

Too many? Curious how many you saw for the over (most likely) 1000+ that have updated that weren’t fixed by just PTP Homey or restarting the mobile app.

Wow…that escalated quickly. This topic is about my cake, not about PTP after installing the Homey 3.0 update. Please choose any of the other 30+ topics :grinning:

Nr of app installs is dropping quickly, so I guess most users are satisfied with the new Homey Energy implementation.

Thanks for your work earlier on the battery monitor app! But indeed, I’ve just removed your app as the battery overview in Homey 3.0 is providing the same information.

1 Like

Not everyone solved it (yet) by changing an adapter or resetting again. An then, does that matter? A problem is a problem. And as long as they are reported, i am not going to update.
Same as 2.0, waited 3 months to update to a more stable version. I do the same with major Windows updates/new versions, just to avoid early bugs and problems.

@PetervdK Did I already mentioned I liked the cake? It was delicious.

2 Likes

Did you save me a piece? :wink:

@DaneedeKruyff They should have send you 10 cakes already for all your fantastic work.

2 Likes

I can’t work out if the cake is real or if the cake is a lie - pun intended.