[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Ted has not responded for quite a while.

@TedTolboom
Hope you are well. Homey is fun, other things can be more important.

Yes, tried them both, every time unknown Zigbee device

Yannick Eeckelaert

I don’t have one myself. I thought…“Maybe a mistake on the user part”. My mistake.

I contacted him on slack. He said that he is still developing and maintaining the app. FP1 is not a priority for him, because he heard about unrelaibillity with FP1. He want to support other aqara devices instead.

2 Likes

I am really also looking forward to the upcoming release supporting E1 roller shades. would really appreciate an update on time frame as well, as I would like to order these and add automation asap because of the burning sun these days :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your efforts on this! :muscle:

2 Likes

Hi @TedTolboom, don’t you know when to solve the problem with H1 EU double and single rocker with neutral?!!
I have those switches in the hallways and they don’t work!!

ProductID:lumi.switch.n1aeu1
ProductID: lumi.switch.n2aeu1

if you need the device interview just say so

Didn’t you read this?

Hello @PetervdK.
Thank you for your help. I already added the productID to the topic above

1 Like

@TedTolboom - it would be nice just to hear som life sign from you - it’s been quite a while since you stated that you ware finalizing the debugging of the E1 roller shade - but there has been deadly silence since then… hope that everything is okay? An update would be very much appreciated!!

4 Likes

The Aqara ZigBee app is one of the most used apps and it now shows that Athom/Homey is vulnerable if the developer of such a community app stops responding and/or developing the app. All users are waiting with their new equipment, unable to add them and use them. Whatever good reason Ted might have to be off line for some time

1 Like

So, lessons learned: don’t presume that a) the app developer will have access to those devices to be able to add/test them, b) the app developer will add support within a “timely fashion” (in other words: yesterday) and c) that Homey can actually support the device (because from what I know, a lot of the newer Aqara devices require specific changes to Homey’s Zigbee stack that fall beyond the control of the app developer).

6 Likes

That might all be true, but then communication with the community would help. If it is availability, the community often steps in to help the developer. If action from Athom is needed, communication would help to boost acceptance. Years ago Ted informed the community that the ZigBee rewrite was needed before he could add the smoke detector.

So basically you are demanding that a developer, who develops this app in is own spare time and without salary, solves your little problem asap?

Yes, I know you don’t say that literally, but still, that is the message you give.

Maybe he is very ill or maybe worse. In my world that would be a pretty darn good reason to stop responding to some demanding users of a forum…

Don’t know what to say about that. Well, in fact i do, but then i assume my post would be flagged.

3 Likes

It’s incredible how many devices you have at your disposal with homey yet again you end up buying something not supported and then you start wondering when it will be supported.

Guys stick with what is supported and do not assume something that’s not supported will be in any time soon. Here and there developer will confirm next beta will cover this and that however even this is not the guarantee it will work as sometimes things get complicated.

2 Likes

I have the aqara motion detector you show on the photo. Its working nicely using the aqara app.
The FP1 seems to be a completely different sensor only available in China.
Yours showing in the app on two places (differnet behaviour)

(Maybe aqara did a firmware change making newer ones unrecognized?)

It’s not the same sensor.

This is the one that’s supported (two models: RTCGQ01LM and RTCGQ11LM):

This is the P1:

The P1 houses 2 batteries.

Sharp, did not notice the fat ass this one has…

That’s not at all my point, as I wrote before “Whatever good reason Ted might have to be off line for some time” and yes, I do realize that community developers are doing a lot of voluntary work …

Thx @robertklep that is the one I have that dos not work. I didn’t know when I bought it. I saw 2 supported device en I tough that this one would work. I already hade the 2 older models working.

Dag allemaal
Zojuist een Aqara H1 EU No Neutral, Double Rocker geĂŻnstalleerd.
Volgende flows aangemaakt. Eentje om de lampen aan te zetten en eentje om de lampen uit te zetten. Via de app werken deze perfect. Maar als ik op de fysieke knop duw, dan schakelt de schakelaar constant aan en uit. Dan moet ik de flow aanpassen die de lamp inschakelt omdat deze anders niet stopt. Weet iemand een oplossing of welke flows ik moet maken?