[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hello Peter,
First of all thanks for coming back. Sorry if I made myself Not clear.
It is a Aqara Double Switch 2018 with 2 toggle Switches. When trying to create a Flow i have Limited Choice as described. I simply Want to Unterstand Now to integrate a Switch into Homey with a Flow. I want one Button for light A and one for light B. Let me know if you Need more Details. thanks !

There are indeed 2 options when making a flow: “A button has been pressed” and “A scene has been activated”. The first one is exactly what it says, if you press either one of the buttons the flow will trigger.
The second one you can use for left, right or both buttons. You have to use that one and select which action will be the trigger. See picture.

1 Like

Hi Peter,
I have to say thank you. This exactly what I was looking for, much appreciated.
Have a great and sunny easter weekend.

Best, Kai

:+1: Thanks, u too!

I just found a nice option I didn’t know about and perhaps others can use it as well.
For the motion sensors you can define when the motion alarm has to be disabled again after it is triggered.
You can find it under advanced device settings of the motion sensor.

Default is 300 seconds which is quite long imho.

Hello All,

Not sure if the answer is already around here, i searched but didn’t find it.
Does anyone know how to calibrate (set length) of the Xiaomi/Aqara Curtain Motor?
When opening with homey it doesn’t open entirely.

Greetings

Don’t think this is a Homey issue. Shouldn’t that be explained in the manual of the device?

Is this you are looking for?

fyi first link on my Google for: Xiaomi/Aqara Curtain Motor calibrate

2 Likes

Thanks Dijker, I think I searched for the wrong keywords, also didn’t know to configure it on the device itself instead of in-homey. My chinese isn’t great either :wink:
Anyway, great to see my question is answered so quickly. This gives me a lot of confidence in this community :+1:

Wil the Aqara Smart Flood Sensor be supported?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi0noaM9erhAhVD_aQKHQmbBkYQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2FIn-stock-Xiaomi-Mijia-aqara-Flood-sensor-Water-Immersing-Sensor-IP67-Waterproof-Remote-Alarm-Work-with%2F32825295093.html&psig=AOvVaw3J2Eht9Pi0A8OJEbvQ3Nrb&ust=1556270375897572

Hi all,

I’m new to Homey and all the smart home possibilities. During the last days i have read and re-read a lot of info regarding a lot of brands. And i liked the idea of one hub to control all devices with different connections.

Now this is said:

We recently bought a house and because we have some electricity works ahead we would like to install Homey in combination with Fibaro/Neo Coolcam/Xiaomi Aqara.

My first idea was to install in our living room (as primary room) Fibaro dimmers behind 2 wall switches. The idea was to control the lights with these and dim the lights when wanted/needed (evening scene, etc…).

Now i found these Xiaomi Aqara Wall switches (NOT the wireless ones).
We both liked the clean and minimalist look of these switches and as we need to replace all existing switches in the house, we thought it to be a nice idea to switch them all into the Xiaomi Aqara ones. So we have everywhere the same switches and they’re smart too! :slightly_smiling_face:

So two questions:

• Do you guys have a good experience with the build in switches of xiaomi?
  • The only thing bothering me is that with these switches lamps can’t be dimmed (without smart lighting), or is this possible?
    For us this would only be a problem in the living room as in all other rooms there will be no use for a dimmer.

I hope everything is clear.
Thanks guys!

I am not sure where you’re located but make sure the Xiaomi Aqara Wall switches will fit in the wall box. I bought one the other day and it is not suitable for EU style installation boxes. Make sure you have live and neutral wires available. Personally I would opt for Shelly devices since they are cheaper and more versatile.

Hi Lars,

Belgium :wink:
Yeah i read about the problem.
So that would indeed be my first step to check our wall boxes.

I don’t know Shelly, will look them up.
Are you using these yourself?

I bought one Shelly device but I am not using it yet. I however did test it and it seems to work fine. It works with WiFi btw. Switches may always be used manually though. I don’t think they have dimming options (apart from maybe the RGBW model which might be an option for you). If you need dimming I would go for Fibaro (Z-wave) but they are quite expensive. Unfortunately I have not seen yet complete switches (electronics + mechanics) that are reasonably priced and suitable for Homey. Of course there is Sonoff but I don’t like the glass fronts.

For the moment we planned using the Fibaro ones, although quite expensive.
Too bad there are no switches like these, we don’t like the glass ones either.
This weekend i’m going to check on the wall boxes and otherwise it will Fibaro or Shelly.

Think about the protocols you want to use as well. There is a Zigbee alternative to the Fibaro unit as well. This strengthens your Zigbee mesh. Take a look here: ROBB smarrt Z-wave and Zigbee app (v1.0.3)

Hi there,

Does anyone known if the xiaomi wall switch (build in version) can be used as an ‘hotel-switch’ (wisselschakelaar in dutch)?

Thanks!

Nope, that is not possible. You only have 1 switch connection and you need 2 switch connections that will flip on switching.

Hello guys,

Does one of you know if there is a difference between the Occupancy sensor and the motion sensor? Are they exactly doing the same?

The occupancy sensor does not have a lux-sensor.