[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

This one is availeble in the appstore

I have set up everything I need to install via CLI, if you could provide me the link to the github you are refering to?

Will there be possible to get motion state high/low into https://insights.homey.app/ in v5? Currently we have battery and luminance as options in insights.

If you install v0.8.1 update from the master branch through CLI, it should install the light sensor fine:
https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/tree/master

Hi Ted, you are right, it installed instantly. Thank you!

Having read this whole topic from top to bottom, I feel the need to share THIS piece of info, as it might prove useful to anyone having trouble including devices.

Slightly off topic (but I have a question for TedTolboom)
Do you know when or if this kind of device will be supported by Homey ?
I believe that you, as a developer, have access to the Homey api’s and/or understand them better. Thanks.

Xiaomi/ClearGrass/Qingping bluetooth e-ink temperature sensor:

I have them and the e-ink screen is the best solution on the market to this day.

1 Like

@the_MANAGER that’s a BT device, and my guess would be that it depends on NOTIFY characteristics, which aren’t supported by Homey (and I don’t think firmware v5 changes that). Given that a support request for these types of characteristics was made almost 2 years ago, and they still aren’t supported, doesn’t give me much hope they will be supported in the near future.

Today I received an Aqara Water Sensor. I tried to add the device to Homey via pinching the device until the blue led continuously blinks. After releasing the sensor the blinking stops almost immediately, but the device is not included. The instruction screen keeps on showing. I also did a reboot of the app and after that didn’t help a reboot of Homey. Later on I’ve tried to link the device to a Xiaomi Hub with success, so the device should work. I’m on the experimental version 5 and am using the latest Aqara app from Ted. Does anyone have a solution?

Here’s how I did with mine (I also am on the Homey experimental 5):

Hold = long press, like several seconds, more than 1 at least
Pinch = short press, like you press on your keys when you type

1. Take the sensor close to Homey (1 meter range will suffice)
  2. In one hand I have the sensor, in the other, my iPhone with Homey app open
  3. My iPhone hand is more than 1m away from Homey and is not in between Homey and the Aqara sensor … you can laugh but …
  4. in the App, add device, Aqara … , Water Sensor and after you hit the green “continue” button, wait for the “drawing/explanation to appear”
  5. Hold the sensor top pressed for 5s or so, until the blue led quickly blinks 3…4 times but no more than 6s
  6. After you let go, start pinching the sensor, every 1…2 seconds or so, until the phone inclusion animation finishes.
  7. enjoy

Troubleshooting:

1. Xiaomi makes this sensor and is branded MI or Aqara … it behaves different, there is another app called Xiaomi Mi Home which you can install on your Homey and try with that … if you think you got some “special edition” kind of Xiaomi water sensor.

2. Reset the sensor … wait for 5m … try again.

3. Get some holy water and splash that little bastard, the chinese spirits within should now be gone.

1 Like

Hi Manager,

Tried your suggestion, having a blue thumb now from pinching the sensor every 2 seconds, but no luck yet. Will try again this evening.

It took me maybe more than 20 attempts to be able to include it. Just keep trying.

1 Like

I have had a moisture sensor that I also did not get paired. After pressing and holding for the first 4 seconds, the blue LED flashed. Then press briefly every 2 seconds. But after 3x or so the led did not turn on and only with the 5th or 6th time it did. Then the meantime was too long and connection failed.
The other sensor that I had received at the same time worked in one go.
This was on version 4.2.0 Homey fw.
I threw the sensor away.

Too bad, I have a few of them and I really like them! I could use another one to combine it with a rain sensor.

Sorry, i didn’t know that you needed one.

Reading through the Zigbee app topic might not proove to be the best strategy… when looking for a BT sensor…

Hi,

I’m not looking for a BT sensor. I have them already.
I’m not looking for zigbee sensors with lcd display.
I am looking for a zigbee sensor with e-ink display.

Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to ask TED if he, as a developer, knows if that type of BT sensors are supported by Homey in any way (until I find the zigbee ones), as I could not find the info myself … and he’s active on many topics, and is involved in development, thus knowing more than me.

So, if anybody knows of some temperature sensors with e-ink display … thank you in advance … :wink:

I am really confused - one week ago I added 2 Mi Motion Sensors without problems ( v.1.1.4 ). Today I bought another one and I am not able connect it.

Some advice?

1 Like

As with all these issues: how many Zigbee devices do you have, and what’s the ratio of router devices to end devices? See here: https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee

On my Homey I have only 5 directly connected zigbee devices - 2x Mi Motion sensor, 2x Mi Door sensor, 1x Mi Switch button

All other devices are connected through hubs - especialy Philips Hue

And what happens specifically when you try to add the third motion sensor? Do you get any errors? If so, which ones?