[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Just 2 b sure: You tried to add one after the 10 sec push by starting the inclusion on Homey and pressing the button every 2 seconds?

Yes. Sometimes it happens that Homey reports it is busy adding the device. But after a very long time it time outs and it isn’t able to add the device.

Last week I also had issues to add a Magic Cube.
It needed more than 1hour and for sure minimum 100 tries!!

I assumed you already did a PtP, but did you?

Time for some Q&A:

@MarcoGr let’s see if we can find the culprit… with support of info from the following topic

• When starting the inclusion, you select the Aqara app and then the vibration sensor and will see the specific inclusion instructions for this sensor; right? For me it is unclear if you have seen the next screen “adding device”, indicating that there has been communication between the sensor and Homey, or only saw the “time out” screen, indicating that no communication existed between both of them?

In general:

• Do you have any other Zigbee devices connected to Homey and do the work correctly (not showing red triangles / spinning circles)?
    • It might be that the Zigbee chip of Homey has not initialized properly; which can be checked by going to the developers page: Homey Developer Tools and checking if the other Zigbee devices are shown
  • If you have more Zigbee devices that are connected to Homey (that are working), how many are routers and how many endpoints does the network consist of?
    • The Zigbee network (PAN) can be full if more then 20 endpoints exist per (active) router. Unfortunately Homey does not report this back during inclusion. The inclusion window will time out, without active error message back.

Thanks!

So when controlling the second switch from the Homey UI, the trigger flowcard does not trigger a flow? That could be a bug… the flow card trigger is only triggered when receiving an update from the device (with changed state); not directly when the state is changed by the UI.

BUT the device will report the new state a few seconds afterwards; doesn’t it?

1 Like

On adding support for the Opple Switches…
I have received the switches and started adding support for them in the app.

On the positive note: adding them to Homey is possible.
BUT:

• they take on a Zigbee light controller type of behavior. Meaning that each button will only have one function; for the 6 button the top row of rockers (OFF - ON), mid row (DIM down - up), bottom row (COLOR down - up), instead to the advertised multi-click function (1x - 3x click and hold / release) per button
  • they appear to associate themselves during inclusion with available Zigbee bulbs (without my explicit consent)??

So I will need to check what is triggering this behaviour and see if I can influence/work around it…

6 Likes

Hello Ted,

Correct, when I start the inclusion I see the specific instructions for the device. For most the times I only get the time out screen after some time. Occasionally I do see the adding device screen, however it always results in a time out as well. The inclusion instructions says the led flashes three times, while my device only flash twice.
I do have other Zigbee devices (including other Aqara devices) and they work without any issue. For your reference I attached a screen capture of my Zigbee network structure. I don’t see any red triangle or spinning circles.
If it helps I can send you a vibration device and you can try it in your setup.

Regards,

Marco

====

Hi @TedTolboom,
I read that on the dresden (conbee 2) page to. The same association to bulbs happens there to. They can’t make it easy can they? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Ted,

Will this app also support the new aqara (mi) doorbell? (don’t know for sure if it’s Zigbee)

Hi Xiaomi Mijia Smart Temperature and Humidity Sensor not connect on homey .

Make sure you press the button every 2 seconds during the adding process.

This is BT? Not zigbee.

Hi everyone,

I got a temperature and humidity sensor which is showing some strange battery values. It keeps on switching between 100% and 87%. Has anyone by any chance had this problem before?

I have a question about the double relay. Can I use this purely to trigger flows using my regular wall switches, without connecting it to any light? (And if yes: does this work with a toggle switch rather than a push-button switch? Basically I just want to toggle Hue lights on/off whenever the switch is flicked, regardless of position.)

I searched the thread and found a lot of talk about potential free relays but I’m not savvy enough about this topic to know whether that relates to this question.

The Aqara wall plug in EU version is really coming now!
Any support planned, @TedTolboom?
Thx!

1 Like

No.

@TedTolboom Not planned yet, or will you not implement it at all, do you think?

Helo,
Do you know when the water sensor will be available in homey ?
Thank you

Buy the man the device and he’ll probably plan development if he has the time for it. Hes kind enough based on the thread.

Btw, why is this such great news? They are roughly 29 euro, which isn’t very cheap or am I mistaken?

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch
At Aqara itself. Seen the prices on Ali?
Untill now I only got the answer “No”… :wink: