[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

Do you have any special network configuration where Homey is not on the same subnet?

Or could it be your router is blocking UDP broadcasts? Some more info on this here: https://superuser.com/questions/1287485/udp-broadcasting-not-working-on-some-routers

v1.1.2 - 2020-05-18

Add support for YLXD42YL (ceiling15).

This requires re-pairing for previously added YLXD42YL devices.

Have the same issue, with No new devices.

I removed the two Yeelights I previously had added in Homey/Xiaomi via the Devices tab -> Properties -> Remove Device. They are accessible via the native (non-Homey) Yeelight app, and LAN control is enabled. Tried restarting both the bulb (on/off), the Yeelight app, restarted Homey & removed the Xiaomi app, so far to no avail.

Any ideas?

Is Homey within the same sub network as the Yeelights. The mDNS broadcast might not be able to hop between networks and thus not discover the devices.

Yes, same LAN. I even got the IP reservations for the Yeelights since before.

I have created a debug branch on Github which will spit out extra logging on the console when using the command homey app run from the command line. If you dont know how to use the Homey command line check out this tutorial.

Hi. I unfortunately have the same. I just got the lightstrip. Lan mode is enabled for the light. IP has been given by the modem but homey doesn’t find it unfortunately. @Phuturist would you have time to take a look at how to? :slight_smile:

I got a few yeelight bulbs, they work fine. Just wanted to ask if its possible to somehow enable animations on them through homey? In yeelight app there are a few like color flow and candle flicker. I found a card with “send command” in flows, maybe that’s what 6 need to use, can someone help?

There is no way to set the light to an existing color flow. You will have to work it out by yourself and indeed use the send command action card. Below is a link to the documentation which can be used to create your command. You will have to look into the start_cf method.

Ok thanks. This is too complicated for me as I’m not at all familiar with coding and what not.

I cannot connect my yeelights lights to the app anymore. Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago, then the lights went offline in Homey.

Restarted the app - nothing.

Re- installed the app, and now it doesn’t see any of the lights although they are open for LAN control.

Are you sure the Yeelights are on the same (V)LAN as Homey and thus can be discovered? Or perhaps a firewall is blocking UDP broadcasts messages (used to discover the lights)? Check your router settings for this.

Yes, they are. Nothing different from when they were connected.

Tried again now and without changing anything I could connect 2 out of 3 lights…

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan

Yes they are.

Update: 12 hrs later 2 out of 3 lights are visible without changing anything

Just wondering if there is any status refresh interval in the app?

I’m often finding the lights turned off with bluetooth remote still showing as being “on” in Homey, while in the Yeelight app (the original Android app) they show their power status properly - I understand the Yeelight app polls the lights status on each app launch.

This is not correct. The app subscribes the broadcasts from the light. If the light is changed it should broadcast it’s state and it should update in Homey. Either the light does not broadcast it’s state in your case or there is a bug in the code. Do you know how to run the app from the command line. I could create a debug version to find out what is going on.

Thanks for looking into this (and sorry for my delayed feedback) - will try installing the debug version if that helps to localize the issue.

FWIW in the original Yeelight app for Android I can see the light behaving as you describe, i.e. they change on/off state when turned off from bluetooth remote (Yeelight wall dimmer). So the lights apparently do broadcast their state change

Are you already using Homey firmware 5.x? I have already updated the app for SDK3 but that will only work on firmware 5.x which is currently in experimental phase.

Still on 4.2.0 as I think I have some Xiaomi Zigbee devices connected via the app that I’m not yet sure supports 5.0