[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

Did you assign a static IP for the light in your router? Perhaps it’s IP address has changed.

And if the light working in the Yeelight smartphone app? I noticed that sometimes the light becomes completely unreachable and needs a full reset (powering on and off five times in a row)

Yes has een static IP in the yeelight app the light works.
I trying to reset

After resetting the lamp it still not work ?

Did you re-pair it as well and if so, was it able to discover the light?

Yes repair it in Homey with the app and after reconnect I got the same error

Hmmm, do you know how to run the app from the command line? It would give me more information on why this is happening.

Any idea what has changed that might cause this. My app has not been updated recently so there must be some other factor that causes the issue.

More lights stop working.

If I reset and will add them it don’t work
The won’t come in the list.
Remote management is on.
Weird

Hi. I was trying to set up a toggle functionality for a key press: if all of the 6 Yeelights in the fixture are on, turn all 6 off, else turn them all on. The turn on part works always, but the turn off part fails because the lights are reported to Homey with the incorrect status. The Yeelight app consistently shows the correct status, but the lights statuses in Homey (under Devices) are seemingly random for different lights, despite being controllable from Homey.
Does the app poll/update the lights status regularly? Moreover, ii’s still random even if the lights are only controlled by Homey.
I mean, the on flow just turned them ON (visibly), but pressing Test in the flow editor to toggle them to off fails and shows one or several lights as still off in the And… condition.

Also, the relative dim function does not seem to work. If set to “-20%” for example, the lights turn off completely instead of dimming. Unless I misunderstood that feature’s functionality.

Hello, how do Homey communicate with yeelight bulbs? Does it communicate with some Chinese server, and the server controls bulbs, or does Homey directly to bulbs within local network?

Can I remove bulbs from Yeelight app after I pair them with Homey? Will the temporary internet outage (router working, but no connection to the rest of the world) affect my bulbs?

The Yeelights app creates a local websocket with every Yeelight and listens for updates or sends messages over the websocket connection to control the Yeelight. No cloud involved, it’s a direct connection between Homey and the lights and I think the lights can be removed from the Yeelights app. Not sure though, they might get reset that way which would loose the LAN control setting. Temporary internet outage should not effect the connection between Homey and the Yeelights as long as your LAN keeps working.

Status pdates from Yeelights to Homey might take up to a second. Stuff that can interfere is bad WiFi but also the performance of Homey. Both are out of my hands. I can imaging if a lot of lights send a status update to Homey at the same time your Homey is not going to like that. You could add a delay between each light and see if that solves the toggle, on, off issue.

I’d have to look into the relative dimming card but I dont have time at the moment, please submit a bug report on GitHub so I can look into it at a later time.

Hi Jelle, great app!

Is there a way to discover what the several settings mean?
For example, the setting “stel standaard opstart status in”.
I assume this is a one time, but very usefull, action but can’t find out how to make use of it.

Grtz

Harm

The way is to ask here if you don’t understand I guess. This card saves the current state of the light as the state it will return to when powered off (not just turned off but actually completely powered down). Just setup your light as you would like to have it and run this action and you have updated the default power on state.

Hi, tnx for the quick reply.
I hoped this command would save the last state before turning of the lights.
I have defined the desired “warm white” color of the yeelights in the original Yeelight app from Xiaomi.
When we are watching movies i want to set the lights to a light blue color. After that i want de lights to return to the original defined color. Hoped to do this by using the statement “save color” in the flow before turning the lights into blue and after watching the movie, turn the lights off and on to restore the original color. Any suggestions to get this result by using your (btw great !!) app?

Just created a flow with the start this flow trigger and action cards from the Yeelight app that configure your desired warm white. Trigger this flow when you are done watching telly.

Thnx Jelger,

I think i am to much a novice to understand the part of the action cards from the Yeelight app.

Thnx that you took the time to reply anyway!

Grtz Harm

Hi, is the Bedside Lamp 2 wifi supported? The app returns “no device found” message.
Thanks!

Yes it is, did you follow the instruction and enabled the LAN mode?

Sorry maybe my fault. Device was a bit far from homey for association. Now it works even in the original location.

Just noted that ambilight color change does not work out of the Homey app menu on my Yeelight 650 ceiling light. Other controls seem to work OK. I can also change ambilight color in the flows, just not manually in the menu. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Not a clue. I have the same light and it’s working fine for me. The code to change the color is independent of device card or flow card. Perhaps you need to restart your app?