[APP] Sonos - A Better Way to Listen

If I understand you correctly, maybe manually check for updates works?

Not all devices is possible to update.

Sonos S1 canā€™t be upgraded to Sonos S2

After reading this post I have disconnect my S1 speaker and now I can control my Sonos (s2) devices again.

It looks like when using s1/s2 together that s1 speakers get the priority of control. (which I donā€™t want)

Unfortunately this resolved the issue for 1 day. I have still issues even when S1 speaker is offline.
Very annoying.

Hello All,

Can I ask if there is an option to clear the Sonos Queue of a speaker in Homey Flows/Advanced Flows?

I would like to clear the Queue of my speakers after a period of playback being stopped.

That way, when I launch the speaker again. I do not have the original songs in the playlist playing along with the new Playlist I select at next playback/flow.

Thanks
Gary

Hi all,

In my case, it seems that the timeout issues are gone.
Not sure if this is what caused it, but shortly after creating the first advanced flow with the Sonos app everything works fine again. Almost a week now!

Does anyone recognize this?

Up to this point it works fine again. :crossed_fingers:

Although I would like to know what happend and what have been fixedā€¦

Does somebody have an update about this related issue?

On Homey pro 23 not all the flow cards working

When I try to add my Sonos system, my new Homey Pro 2023 only finds 4 speakers of which one is not in my system (ā€œKamer Mijntjeā€ is now in a totally different location). I have 9 in my system, of which it finds 3. I am missing 6 speakers. None of the speakers are grouped.

I tried restarting the app, deleting and re-adding the Sonos devices, reinstalling the app. So far, no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

It gets even weirder.

Of the Sonos speakers that I expect in my system, Homey gives me a message ā€œERROR_RESOURCE_GONEā€, while the only speaker that is NOT in my Sonos system plays a song. When I check my Sonos system directly, this song is not playing on any speaker in my Sonos system.

The speaker that is not in my Sonos system is physically at a location 50km away, at my daughterā€¦

Whatā€™s going on?

If this speaker is also in youā€™re Sonos account, then it will be of course also listet in the Homey Sonos app.

To solve both problems please have a look at post #20 and following.

I also recommend to contact Athom.

Music Search and Play in der library?

Hello
I thought you could also use Sonos Voice or Google Assistant to search for and play titles or artists in your own music library using voice commands.
Both only work via services like Deezer and the like - no local music.
Now you have the option of creating a flow via the app and then triggering it in Google using a voice command.
You can at least have favorites or playlists (also from local sources) played.

According to the API, it should also be possible to search:
/RoomName/musicsearch/{service}/{type}/{search term}
Service options: apple, spotify, deezer, elite, library

https://github.com/jishi/node-sonos-http-api#music-search-and-play

Is there any way you can do that in a flow?

Thanks

preferably in German

Since I got the Homey early 2023, I have had problems with flows regarding Sonos. At first, restarting the app or homey worked. But over time this no longer always helped. Over the last week, Sonos flows have stopped working at all. Operating the device manually via the app also does not work. I keep getting a timeout message. Now I have uninstalled the app and when I reinstall it I get at the end (after permission from Homey to Sonos); a screen: Success: False, Homey: Offline And this again and again. Homey is not offline. I am now at my wits end and support is not responding at all. I never had this problem with my old Homey, so I do not yet experience this early 2023 as a success (same problems with Tado)

Did you reserve IP adresses for both Homey and Sonos @ your DHCP server?
When your Pro 23 is wifi connected: thereā€™s serious issues with the wifi chip ā†’
When possible, try using a LAN adapter to see if it improves the stability.
And youĀ“d better use the Sonos app topic, instead of splashing new topics around:

Never experienced that. You should at least receive a confirmation mail with your request number. How did you contact support? Sending emails for instance is not a valid way to contact support.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes I have reserved fixed IP addresses for Homey and Sonos. Homey is Lan connected too.

About the support: Yes I got a confirmation mail but waiting for more than a month should not be the case right?

Hello Everyone!
Tha app is good, but in two days it is not showing if there is playing something. The button shows the speaker stopped, but that is something playing on the background. However all the communication is working like start/stop or volume, but like that the ā€œis that playingā€ card not working well, because the app not showing well that is playing something or not.
Does anyone have or had the same?
Do you have any infos to solve this problem?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, itā€™s a known issue since years. I donā€™t know if every user has this problem, but I do. And of course I have already reported this problem to the app developer Athom.
Therefore, please report this problem to Athom as well. :pray:t3:

A workaround that works is to restart the app once a day. This can be done with a flow:

1 Like

thanks, I reported that!
however this restart is not always good, because I restarted it 2 hours ago and that not working again, so I had to restart it in every hour XD

For me it works indeed, when I restart the App once a day.
Maybe there are also some other factors causing the problem, e.g. the home LAN/WLAN.
Do your Sonos have a fixed IP address?