[App][Pro] Zone Activity

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently developed the Zone Activity app for Homey Pro, and I wanted to share it with the community as I think it could be useful for others as well.

What is Zone Activity?

The app is designed to simplify zone-related flows by adding features that Homey doesn’t offer out of the box. Whether you’re dealing with zones without physical sensors or seeking greater control over zone activity, this app aims to provide the necessary coverage.

Key Features:

• Virtual Sensor
    I know there are already very capable virtual device apps available, but I introduced this sensor specifically for zone-related activity, simplifying the process of adding and using a virtual device. It’s tailored to let you manually trigger or disable zone activity for zones that do not have any physical sensors. This is especially helpful for simulating motion or activity based on specific conditions.
    • The app includes action cards that let you turn the virtual sensor on for a given time or off after a given delay. This feature simplifies scenarios like keeping lights on for a short period after motion or simulating zone activity for a set time.
    • The virtual device can be toggled on/off and has some maintenance operations to enable / disable the sensor manually.
  • Zone condition cards
    • Check if a zone is on/off for a given time using an “AND” condition card.
    • Check if a particular device type (e.g., lights, switches) in a zone is on/off.
    • Assess the capabilities of devices in a specific zone, such as verifying whether any sensor’s value exceeds, falls below, or matches a predetermined value.

Future Plans

This app isn’t much yet, but I’ll be working on adding more zone-related features in the future to make it even more versatile for your automation needs.

Feedback & Support

I’ll try to check in on the forum regularly to help out, but my GitHub repository will be the main source of truth for issues and feature requests. Feel free to report anything or submit requests there: GitHub Repo

I’d love to hear your feedback or ideas on what could be added next! Feel free to try out the app and let me know if it helps streamline your zone flows.

Thanks!

PS: I’ll also try to extend and update this post regularly as I release new features and updates to the app.

2 Likes

Test version released: 1.4.3
Edit 2024/09/16: Live version released: 1.4.3

The “Always on” option has been added to the Virtual Motion Trigger device. This feature can prevent the sensor from being accidentally turned off, or it can be used to exclude the sensor when employing flows that turn off all devices in a specific zone.

The release is available at the following link:

The complete changelog for all versions is available at the following link: